016. JEALOUSY

016. JEALOUSY

Harry hated to admit it.

For someone so irritable as she was, Rory was good at her job.

He hadn't seen much of her the past week due to his time being consumed by other business ventures. But he heard the nightly reports from the staff that watched her that she was doing well and had started bringing in quite the flow of businesses. Customers at her other job only showed up for her. And without her there to serve them, due to the lower number of shifts she was now receiving, they were willing to go wherever she was. Which meant her customers were now regulars of NOWHERE.

From his spot on the second floor, Harry looked down at the sea of patrons, desperately trying to get her attention.

Pathetic, he thought to himself.

Either they were all too stupid to catch on to her tricks, or they were that desperate to order more rounds of drinks than necessary just for the chance to converse with her for a minute or two.

Men will do anything for a - highly unlikely - shot at some pussy.

Their desperation meant two things. 

One, they spent far more money, resulting in more cash flow at the bar, which helped the other businesses. 

And two, Harry had some entertainment. 

He found it amusing to watch how Rory perfectly played every one of them. She would smile and flirt her way through the orders, giving them a personal moment of undivided attention. But the moment she turned, the disgust would find a way to momentarily spread across her face.

Bambi was quite the actress.

Sipping his drink, Harry leaned his frame against the railing and watched her work. As Rory moved on to another table of men in suits, she followed her usual routine of smiling and flirting. When her attention moved to one of the men sitting at the end of the booth, Harry noticed how she lingered a bit longer with him - she wasn't sticking to her usual one to two minutes. And when she finally turned and walked off, her smile didn't fade.

That was odd.

"Enjoying the view?"

Harry turned his head to the side. "Just watching over the staff. Someone has got to keep an eye on them with the busy night we are having."

"Sure you are," Colson sarcastically muttered under his breath. He wanted to point out there was only one staff member in particular that Harry was watching but resisted the urge. "We have been making our way through the stuff we found."

"And?"

"We need to go in again."

"Why? You were in there far longer than we originally planned. Did you mess something up?"

Colson's jaw clenched at the accusation. "No. There was more shit than what we expected. You would know that but you don't want us to give you any updates."

"I want the complete picture. Not bullshit bits and pieces."

A moment of silence lingered, allowing Colson to collect himself. He didn't come to argue. "Kip got access to an older record of the building plans. There's been no work done to it in fifty years but the original copy was buried," Colson explained. "Something doesn't make sense. We need to go in again."

"Alright." Harry took a sip from his glass. "I will let you know."

Colson muffled his annoyed sigh, unable to understand Harry's obvious disinterest in the current situation. It was standard practice for him to want updates every step of the way. But now, it was like he had no desire to learn anything about it. At all.