{EC} 20. He's Dead.

"my shadow's the only one that walks beside me
my shallow heart's the only thing that's beating."

- g. d.

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

It was nearly midnight and Scott and I were at the station with his father. Mr. McCall insisted on me leaving the school along with him as my guardian was at the hospital with Melissa. It worked out quite fine as I didn't drive to the school myself. Once we arrived at the station, Mr. McCall headed straight to his office to file the report on the incident that happened at the school. Scott and I were resting on the bench outside in silence.

"I figured out why I was immune to the virus." I broke the silence as Scott's head turned my way with a curious look on his face. "I can thank my mother for that."

"How?" Scott questioned, one of his hands resting on my thigh.

"There was this tea that she always made for the two of us when beginning a lesson or just before bed. She said that it was a great remedy for relaxation and according to Uncle Alan, it was also a powerful healing agent." I started, playing with my fingers as my mind replayed different memories of us drinking that smelly purple tea. "They guessed it because Derek also showed no symptoms of the virus. Both of us were inoculated." I continued.

"Reishi." I called it off with a light chuckle. "It was made from Reishi mushroom. It actually smelled terrible but the taste made up for it."

After my words, I went silent. There were so many memories that I had with Talia, but there were also memories of her I was able to pull from the Hale house using my magic. However, those memories raised one of the most insane mysteries I have ever encountered. The ability of someone to basically live two places at the same time. However, I may have been accessing memories to even before my time. Alpha werewolves are able to go quite a long time without aging, so that's probably why her features looked so similar in the memories.

"You miss her, don't you?" Scott questioned as I turned to him with a small smile on my face. I couldn't have put into words how much I missed my mother. I simply nodded in response, leaving Scott to press a warm kiss on my forehead. "I can't even imagine."

"Preliminary notes on firearm discharge incident." Mr. McCall's voice travelled through my ears as I slightly rotated my head, trying to hear his words better. Scott's actions mirrored mine which led me to believe that he was doing the same thing. "Assailant armed with sound-suppressor equipped Walther P88. Having heard the perpetrator's threat and countdown, I made visual confirmation of the barrel of the weapon pressed to the potential victim's head."

"Determining the danger to be imminent, I felt no choice but to respond with the use of deadly force

"Determining the danger to be imminent, I felt no choice but to respond with the use of deadly force." The sound of the tape recorded then went silent as Mr. McCall's words ceased.

Scott's head then turned to me, his eyebrows creased. "Were you there when that happened?" He softly questioned. I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I nodded slowly.