{EC} 21. 0 for 2.

"love sinks and hope floats

in a river of tears. "

- a. c.

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

I busted through the doors of the hospital, the lights above me automatically beginning to flicker as I strode through. There wasn't anybody by the receptionist desk, which was even better for me. They usually asked that wretched question, "Are you family?" And that is something I am not. I certainly didn't have the patience to go through such questions where my only answer would be, "no".

"What happened to my son?!" I heard the unmistakable wail of a broken-hearted mother.

It was Melissa.

I paused to take a deep breath before I walked in the direction of Melissa's screams. My fingers were still trembling as I walked through the hospital, too afraid of seeing Scott in a lifeless state. However, I arrived at the room quicker than I thought.

The scene before me was horrific and the wailing made it no easier on myself. A male doctor, Liam's father, was attempting to clear out the hallway to give Melissa the privacy she needs. As a nurse tried to approach me, I sent a glare her way before running over to Melissa.

"Melissa! Wha- what happened?" I questioned desperately which then prompted tears to pour down continuously. Melissa's nose and cheeks were a blush of red due to her crying. I fell to the floor as my emotions got the best of me, my body going weak. I then felt Melissa's arms around me as we both cried for Scott who was laying lifeless in the room in front of us.

At the sound of a body being placed on a gurney, my hands fell loose from holding Melissa as I watched them roll a body from out of the room. I slowly ascended, my body now numb from the pain. Everything had slowed down yet again as I watched the nurses and medical assistants usher Scott's body pass us.

My pants were getting heavier as my feet mindlessly followed behind the gurney, my eyes rapidly blinking. "N-no.. wh-where are you taking him?" I cried out, my steps now increasing in speed behind the nurses.

"Ma'am, you have to stay here." I heard as I then felt a pair of arms halting me from moving any further. I looked up at the doctor with frantic eyes as I shook my head heavily. I knew that I could have easily push pass him, but I felt no strength in my limbs.

I felt completely desolate.

"I need to say goodbye!" I pleaded to him. "I-I didn't get to tell him bye." I cried, pushing the doctor off with what strength I had left. I staggered away from the crowd as I then placed a hand for support onto the hospital wall. It was getting harder to breathe as none of this made sense.

I should have known this was going to happen!

A few minutes later, I felt a soft hand on my shoulder.

"Carson.." I heard Melissa's soft voice call to me, leaving me to look at her through my tear-filled eyes. "Come with me." Was all she said as she pulled me away from the scene.

Scott's body had already been transported away and I am hoping that Melissa was using her nurse advantages to carry me to wherever they placed him. We were walking in silence, only momentary sniffs occupying the air.

I watched as she then turned towards a door.

Morgue

I winced lowly as we then walked through the door. But to my surprise, the gang was already standing there, all around a body.