19. De-Void (part 1)

☾ ☾

"I think we needed this." Scott spoke as he opened the door to his bedroom, allowing me to walk in first. My eyebrows furrowed as I placed my bag down, taking a seat onto Scott's bed. I stopped home to brief Uncle Alan and Aunt Marin on everything that had happened tonight and to put things in a summary, I'm glad I did not leave that sword on the inside of me. Aunt Marin felt terrible, like she wasn't there for me enough. Even though Aunt Marin and I have countless of disagreements, she is still one of the greatest role models one can have.

Kira didn't want to go home to sleep in the same house as her parents. I don't blame her, not every day you find out that your mother is over 900 years old. Because of that, I allowed her and Flora to have the room to themselves while I spent the night with Scott.

"Needed what, exactly?"

"A moment to ourselves." He breathed out, closing the door behind him. I smiled to myself as I realized that Scott was right. I don't even think that Scott and I had our first official date, matter of fact. We did need this moment to ourselves, but there are so many things weighing on my chest- but maybe now is not the time to think about the nogitsune drama. "Which is why. ." Scott trailed off as he then went digging for something in one of his drawers.

I chuckled to myself as I pulled my shoes off, allowing myself to get comfortable with a person who I think is my actual haven. "What do you got there, McCall?" I eagerly questioned as Scott then turned to me with a rose between his teeth and the DVDs of all the Star Wars in his hands, along with a cotton t-shirt. A laugh then fell from my mouth. A real, genuine, and love-filled laugh left my mouth as I leaned over, pulling Scott by his shirt. "You, Scott, are amazing." I insisted as I then connected our lips.

"An amazing guy, for an amazing girl." He said after pulling away, our breaths mingling as we stared each other in the eyes. "You are amazing, Carson." Scott finished as he then walked away, placing the first Star Wars disc into the DVD player. "Stiles always pestered me about watching this and I know you haven't watched it. So, why not?" He chuckled, outing the lights and then walking into his bathroom to freshen up.

I took the t-shirt from Scott's bed as I then began to remove my clothes, my eyes staring at my bare stomach in his mirror. I ran my fingers over the spot where the sword was wedged, there was no mark- but I still felt it. I stared at myself while a million and one thoughts raced through my mind. Only hours before the incident with Ava, I ensured to Sheriff that nobody was going to get hurt.

I couldn't have hold my end to that. 

I felt so broken in that moment, like I just wanted to permanently remove myself from the equation. I didn't know that my powers could have been so lethal to not only others, but to myself and to my mental health. I nearly killed Ava today, Oni inside me or not. She was going to be another coat of blood on my hands, and Ava does not deserve that in the slightest bit. I didn't hear when Scott came out of his bathroom, but I felt his arm around me.

"Don't think about it." Scott spoke, a sad tone masking his voice. I turned to him, nodding my head slowly as I interlocked our fingers. "Don't think about it." He reiterated as he then led me over to the bed, laying me down as he then hovered over me.

I stared at Scott as he lowered his head, placing small kisses where I was stabbed. He ran his fingers over the spot, tightly grasping my waist as he then laid down next to me, our eyes locking yet again. "You need to know something." I insisted, feeling guilty at this point. I never told Scott why I had gotten stabbed, he just automatically came to my aid. "I was only stabbed by the nogitsune because I- well, the Oni- but I was about to kill Ava. He protected her, and I couldn't have even done that." I frowned deeply as I watched Scott's expressions. "I knew that you had ill feelings towards me today, back at the school. But Scott- I'm sorry, and I'm scared." I admitted a tear escaping down the side of my face.