{EC} 3. Aztec Temple of Youth

"i'm following the map that leads to you."
-m. 5

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

"Stiles? Who is Kate?" I pressed, looking over at him.

She definitely wasn't to a lacrosse game while I was here, so this must have been before I had came to town. If she was with Mr. Argent, would that make her a hunter?

"She's a hunter. An Argent." Stiles then spoke, my eyes widening quickly as I was taken aback at Stiles' response because it spoke directly to my thoughts. Before Stiles could've finished his sentence, the metal door was then slid open.

Our heads then looked over, watching the guard stand in the doorway. "Araya said that you can leave, follow me." His dark voice boomed as the Spanish accent still managed to make it's way through.

Without wasting any time, we all scattered up from the floor. I was way too anxious because I haven't seen Scott. I only felt the unbearable pain that he was feeling. I'll admit, that wasn't one of the finest moments to use my magic to link my power to my boyfriend. We were finally outside and I almost felt the need to kiss the floor. Being a witness to somebody's murder during a tea party and being cooped up in a majorly metal room really makes you appreciate being outside- where things are censored because of public viewings.

I shared a hug with Lydia once I found her. "Are you okay?" I breathed out, questioning her. She nodded, pulling away from the hug as we both shared a smile with each other.

My eyes finally landed on Scott who was now walking out behind Araya, engaged in a conversation. I was extremely happy to see that Scott was looking well and uninjured in any form.

"I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen." Araya spoke, as Scott and I then locked eyes. I felt a moment of warmth rush through my body as I waved over to Scott. "None of them came back. Let's see if you can do better." Araya spoke.

"You could've just told me she was alive." Scott shrugged as I nodded heavily. Duh! I have no idea why she had to go through a miniature torture session.

"You wouldn't have believed me." Araya automatically answered. I then nodded, mentally agreeing that there is truth in Araya's words. "Now I know what kind of Alpha you really are. And where your next step lies." Her words then sparked my attention, her eyes shortly flickering over to me as I looked away quickly, not wanting to make it obvious that I was listening in. I'm still trying to hide the fact that I'm a werewolf. Witches don't exactly have supernatural hearing.

Is that what she meant by saying that? Araya wanted to see how much pain Scott was willing to induce in order to protect somebody?

"What next step?" Scott confusingly questioned.

"When you take the bite of an innocent. When you make a wolf on your own, which may have happened. When you do that, then, I will cross your border and come knocking at your door." Araya sternly said as I look down at my fingers nervously. After her threat, Araya then walked off as I hurriedly lifted off the jeep, prancing towards Scott.

"I'm so glad you're safe." I breathed out, engulfing myself in a hug with Scott. It felt as if I melted in his hands. Not from the heat of Mexico, but from the intensity and the radiation of rooted feelings. Physical contact from Scott is always something I would need.

"So what now?" I questioned, pulling away as we then began walking over to Stiles' jeep.

"She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Scott spoke as I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"She gonna tell us where?" Malia questioned, as I let out a small snort. Malia's bluntness wasn't something that I was quite familiar with, but it always eases the situation because I love her sense of humor, which isn't really humor, so much.