{EC} 31. Retribution

"and then I looked up into the giant's eyes
and I found my strength inside"

-s. & t.

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

A few minutes had passed, and they were absolutely dreadful.

Peter's strength came as a shock to quite possibly all of us as we have rarely seen him in combat. He had the advantage by throwing Scott around as if he was a rag doll.

I was itching to hop into the fight but Scott made it quite clear that he needed me to devote all of my energy for my showdown with Grayson. And that isn't too long now.

"Come on, Scott! Fight like an alpha!" Peter taunted Scott. As Peter gripped onto Scott to swing him around, Scott found a way to turn the tables.

Mid-air, he planted his feet onto the pillar he was passing by, using that force to charge Peter into the ground. His glowing eyes narrowed over to Peter as he then sent a forceful blow to Peter's chest.

I watched with hopeful eyes as Scott picked Peter up by his jacket, attempting to send another harmful blow. However, this time, it did not prevail.

Peter vigorously headbutted Scott that left him staggering. Peter took this advantage to land not one, but two ruinous hits. One square in Scott's face, and the other in his leg. I clenched my eyes closed tightly as I watched Scott buckle to the floor.

"You want to beat me?" Peter snarled, gripping Scott to hoist him up.  "You're going to have to kill me!" He shouted, throwing Scott into a wall that was a fair distance away from them.

I winced lowly, frowning deeply as I wasn't sure what to do.

However, Liam- he had made a bold step forward as he couldn't bare to watch his alpha, and friend, get hurt. This action did not go unnoticed by an unruly and ravenous Peter.

We all watched as Peter gripped onto a fray pallet, sending it straight for Liam's head. Thankfully, Liam quick reflexes allowed him to dodge it in time.

"If I didn't know it before, then I know it now." Grayson muttered to himself, watching with an amused expressed. "This Peter is a madman."

While the action that Peter did garnered praised from a fellow psychopath, that action however, would be something Peter would then grow to regret.

After watching Peter attack Liam- somebody who Scott valiantly protects, it was as if something had awoken in him. A switch had flicked on inside of Scott's head and he hopped to his feet in mere seconds.

As they continued their fight, it appeared as if Scott had unlocked a new level in his combat skills. He began dodging every last one of Peter's attacks expertly.

Scott's heartbeat wasn't erratic, it was rather tamed- which is odd for somebody who was being pummeled only a few minutes ago. His movements were rhythmic and impactful.

Peter stretched his arm out towards Scott, leaving him to instantly weave- responding with a gut-crushing punch. Stiles and I shared a smirk with each other after watching Peter crouch over limply.

Without giving him time to recover, Scott sent a furious uppercut to Peter.