22. I Kept My Promise

Allison sucked in a deep breath, sending her arrow directly into the chest of Carson who then stopped in her tracks, her katana dropping. "Phasmatos sequitos in lucema infantesi mortuous. Venis ad vitur. Venis ad essendier. Factuo partis viventia." Flora chanted a power enhancing spell, focusing it onto the arrow that was embedded into Carson's chest as she walked closer to Carson. "Zah pet par veet eezol ehmit Pro kleh et Tee." She then spluttered out a cleansing spell, stripping the layers of the Oni from her best friend.

Void Stiles was watching with eyes filled with disbelief, he wasn't sure what was happening, but he did know that he was losing.

Under no ordinary circumstance would this have worked. Allison's arrow, it stopped the Oni momentarily and just enough for Flora to take advantage of the opportunity. "Draconians, grant me your power one last time!" Flora screamed, her hair now fully igniting with fire and her nose profusely leaking blood. "Zah pet par veet eezol ehmit Pro kleh et Tee." Flora's chanted one last time, her arms falling to her side as she stood in front of Allison, panting heavily.

The place where the arrow was punctured in Carson's chest then started to glow a bright neon green as she tried to pull it out- but it was too late. The snarl of the Oni echoed throughout the compound as what seemed to be a small earthquake took place- disrupting all of the fighting. The smoke dispersed from Carson's aura and her eyes were now back to normal as the arrow also diminished from her body.

Carson looked up from her chest, smiling over to her best friend. "Flora, you did it! I- NO!"

t e n h o u r s e a r l i e r ☾

Last night was refreshing! While I barely had slept, the plan that we had concocted for Ava had given me an ample amount of hope for ridding her of the Nogitsune. It was essential for the both of us to cast the spell and even the Oni also commended the plan, despite it being threatened by Flora not too long before our discussion. Flora and I fell asleep during a conversation that simple entailed us recalling memories and speaking about our abilities. It was wholesome and everything I needed in one. Flora then felt that it was an appropriate time for her to speak to Kira and they both left for school together. It never occurred to me how many days of school we were missing, but hopefully I can still improve my grades before the semester finishes.

I was now sitting in Scott's living room, staring at a sleeping Stiles. I wasn't staring to be a total creep, but we told the Sheriff that we won't let him out of our sight, especially how tonight is our 'battle' against the Nogitsune. We don't want anything happening to our precious Stiles, but if I'm being honest- I think something is already happening to him internally. His skin was quite pale and the familiar dark circles had appeared, but they were much fainter than the Nogitsune's.

Suddenly, Stiles jolted up out of his sleep as he immediately tried to stagger away from the couch. "Scott!" I called out to him as I jumped up out of my seat, going to catch Stiles. "Hey! You okay?" I asked with worried eyes scanning over his body.

"What's going on?" Scott came rushing down the stairs, his eyes filled with confusion.

"I-I don't know, he just sprung up!" I stuttered, still holding onto a panting Stiles.

"What happened? How long was I out?" Stiles questioned, seemingly out of breath- and I'm not sure why. I let go of Stiles once I felt that he was stable enough to stand on his own.

"Just a couple of hours." I spoke as Scott then walked towards the two of us. "You should sit down." I suggested after running my fingers through my hair.