24. The Divine Move

☾  ☾

Spending the night by Scott's house was everything I needed to temporarily patch an open wound. He spoke about the advantages and disadvantages about being a new werewolf. And when we were having sex, I did experience one of those said disadvantages when my claws emerged out of nowhere and impaled his back. It was so embarrassing.

Moreover, we both hashed out our feelings, and I must admit, I still feel like a terrible person for not telling Scott about me killing Jennifer. There was a time Peter and I had a conversation about whether or not I should tell him. And I must admit, Peter made a pretty good case on why I shouldn't tell him- it was so good that I actually went along with it. But over time, I began feeling guilty yet again. Last night felt like a continuous nightmare where I was too paralyzed to wake up. There were so many things but not enough reasons for it. On the bright side, Lydia is now with us and now it's only time for us to save Ava and finally get rid of the nogitsune.

Scott, Lydia and I were now on our way to my uncle's animal clinic because they have an idea on how they can keep the nogitsune trapped for eternity. Stiles was with Kira for the majority of the day, and I'm not exactly sure what tactics he came up with while discussing with Noshiko and Kira. Even though Flora clearly displayed a sense of distastefulness towards Noshiko, she did send her condolences.

We all exited the car as we then entered the animal clinic, immediately going to the back where he usually was. "Hey, Uncle Alan." I smiled as we both shared a hug. I stood next to him as Scott and Lydia stood on the other side of the table.

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott spoke, continuing the previous conversation he had started with my uncle over the phone.

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one." Uncle Alan deadpanned as his gaze switched between all of us. "It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human."

"The shape of my best friend." Scott spoke, his voice a bit darker than usual.

"Someone caught it once." Lydia spoke. This was one of the few times Lydia spoke for today, and it is warming to hear her voice. "Someone can do it again, right?" She questioned.

"I don't know." Uncle Alan spoke as I hung my head down momentarily, looking back up with pursed lips. "This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?" I questioned, almost on the brink of being desperate. If I have to conjure up a talisman that's powerful enough then I would- in a heartbeat.

"Possibly." Uncle Alan spoke, his sight diverting away from me. I rose an eyebrow, turning to him. "When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare." He spoke as I nodded, not exactly sure why he tried to avoid my gaze earlier.

Lydia's gaze then perked up to the sound of his words. "Wait a second. Powerful objects? Like an alpha's claws?" She questioned as my head then turned to Uncle Alan, waiting for his response.

"Which alpha?" Uncle Alan questioned, his eyesight trained onto Lydia.

"Talia Hale." Lydia spoke, both her and Scott's gaze settling on me as my eyes widened. "Peter had them in a wooden triskele carved on the lid."

"Wait, wait, wait." I held my hands up as my eyes narrowed. "You mean to tell me, the same wooden box I helped them retrieve from Mexico- had my mother's claws in them?" I questioned as Lydia nodded. I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.