9. Connected

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ 

"Have you talked to Flora yet?" Ava questioned as I sighed softly, adjusting the bag of clothes Ava brought me during my time at the hospital. I literally felt the need to detoxify myself from those horrid gowns and residue-filled sheets. Everything about hospitals are just negative to me, besides when lives are saved.

I shook my head as we both got out of Melissa's car, walking up to their house. "I actually did- but she was in the middle of something with Kira- some gibberish about fox fire and tails." I shrugged. Maybe Kira finally dug into what happened with her back at the power station, about the whole absorption of electricity. 

"So you're not allowed to play tough dad with me." Melissa, Ava and I overheard Scott's voice as we all exchanged wary and confused looks. 

Melissa pushed through the door, resting her belongings down on the table near the door. "Hey, what's going on?" She questioned as Scott, his father, Kira, and Flora were all surrounded a Macbook. I navigated over to Flora as she pulled me into a quick hug. 

"Maybe one of you should explain." Mr. McCall pressed, his eyes fixated onto both Scott and Kira. I felt goosebumps arise on my arms and my heartbeat increase as the darkness of the night sky settled in the room. Something about this moment made me feel at ease, made me feel as if there was something watching over me. I felt my body begin to waver, all up until Scott's father hurriedly brought his hand up to the side of his torso, hands wrapping around his gun.

"Who the hell is this?" He questioned as I watched him advance towards me. I then furrowed my eyebrows, snapping my head around to look behind me. And there it was. The same black shadow figure that appeared in my dreams- the same fog that constantly chased me. Though this time I wasn't running, instead I felt like I needed to be connected with it.

Mr. McCall breezed pass me as I felt my body start to tremble, gripping onto a wall for support. My stomach was churning and each cell in my body felt like they were being destroyed as my eyes were fixated on the shadow sending the katana into Mr. McCall's shoulder. Absentmindedly, a scream escaped from my mouth as I gripped onto Ava's arm, her helping me to stand back up straightly. "Dad!" Scott shouted as he raced off to assist is now injured father.

"Carson! Carson.. are you okay?" Ava's voice played inside my mind as I looked up at her- suddenly feeling like I'm trapped in a haze. I swallowed thickly as I managed to mutter out that I'm fine. My eyes were getting heavier by the second, but I knew that sleeping is the last thing that I should do- its when I'm vulnerable most.

My eyes widened as I watched the front door of the house fly open, the mist that was settled on the floor also seeping in. I watched as Melissa quickly moved Mr. McCall out of the way- in fear of what might enter through the door. I felt a part of me jump as I watched Derek slide in, fully transformed. I smiled lazily as I watched my brother fight alongside my boyfriend. Though it was an interesting scene to watch, I'm afraid I won't be able to watch much longer due to the feeling that I might drift off into a land of darkness.

"Mom, the ash!" Scott called out as I closed my eyes- just for Ava to shake me violently. 

"Carson, stay awake!" She lastly said before she walked off to unite her powers with Flora. 

Subsequently, the sound of glass shattering sounded throughout the house as the twins leaped onto the table, both transformed and both growling loudly. A scream left Kira's mouth as she dragged me down with her in fear. The twins weren't growling to announce their arrival, they were growling towards the shadow figure that was stationed right behind where Kira and I previously stood. The figure then gripped onto my hand, and just like at the party, an electric shock surging through me that left me to fall heavily onto Kira, leaving both Ava and Flora to fall to my side in aid.