Epilogue

"don't you ever tame your demons,
but always keep 'em on a leash."

-h.

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

It was officially my last day here at Beacon Hills and the feeling was surreal. I was currently standing in front of the double doors, grasping onto the single strap of my backpack that was hung over my shoulder.

Just like my first day, the halls were loaded with students on their own agendas.  I no longer felt the intense nerve-wracking feeling that I did before. This time, I was able to point out more familiar faces and even call a few of them by name.

"So sad to see you go, Carson!" Sydney, one of my classmates, said sweetly. I thanked her for a kind words as we shared a hug.

As I watched her walk away, my mind flashed back to the moment she fell out due to a deadpool assassin infiltrating the school. I walked into Beacon Hills High thinking that this would be a completely regular school.

But little did I know, I was extremely wrong.

I felt my feet moving through the hallway, peering into the classrooms as I passed them each.

"The shard of obsidian you kept, Kira. There's a reason you kept it." I heard Noshiko's voice as I was about to pass the classroom. "And a reason your father took the liberty of making an alteration to it." She continued her sentence as I slowed my paces, halting my steps in the door way.

"Do you know what it is?" Noshiko questioned her daughter as my eyes traveled to look at the carved obsidian piece in Kira's hand.

They were in Mr. Yukimara's classroom, unaware of my presence. It didn't feel odd to me that I was eavesdropping on their conversation, it just felt peaceful being a fly on the wall.

A smile graced over Kira's face as she spun the object around, her eyes lighting up in recognition.

"A tail." Kira said proudly.

"Your first." Noshiko confirmed with a proud nod.

A smile immediately appeared on my face. I held back a small laugh, looking down at my feet momentarily before I left the door way.

I felt peaceful knowing that while my chapter here is ending, there are still many great chapters waiting for my friends to begin.

I swallowed thickly as I tried to ignore the feeling of my throat tensing up. I knew that meant I was about to cry, but I didn't want to let the water works flow just yet.

As I began walking down the hallway yet again, a faint conversation infiltrated my ears as I slowed my steps.

"Is anyone sitting here?"

"Nope, it's totally vacant."

The roaring of the busy school hallway was tuned out by the echo of the first conversation I had with a student here at Beacon Hills High.

It was with Scott.

My breath slowed as I realized that I was now passing what used to be Ms. Blake's classroom. I peered through the window in the door and once I realized it was empty, I entered.

"Ms. Jenner we're reading Heart of Darkness. Do you have the book?"

Ms. Blake.

Seeing her up there teaching, I would have never imagined that she was the pure definition of 'a wolf in sheep's clothing'. I felt my hand slide over the chair that I was seated in on my first day.