{EC} 15. Poisoned Plans

"with every second, shadows lift.
every moment, closer still. . .
can you feel it?"

-d. r.

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

Shortly after the events happened with the freshman trying to kill Scott, whose name I now discovered is Violet, the town's police department made an appearance along with Scott's father. Scott and I decided that he was going to stay back to speak to them while Stiles and I ushered a Brett who was in a dire state over to my uncle's clinic. Derek and Peter also made an appearance here seeing that turns out that Brett actually is a werewolf and we need to figure out where the rest of his pack. They are the two of the most informed wolves on things that go on here in Beacon Hills. Maybe they can help us on finding out who Brett's pack is. 

To our luck, Brett was out for the entire ride but now that we've finally placed him on the cool, metal table, his body started to convulse. I tried to fight back the disgusted expression that was threatening to spill onto my face, but the sounds and imagery of a yellow substance foaming at his mouth made it incredibly hard. 

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles questioned, trying his hardest to keep Brett stable. I was busy looking for a tool that my uncle needed help with in order to stop Brett from shaking uncontrollably. 

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane." Uncle Alan responded as he circle around the table. "I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible. Carson, where's that tool?" He then questioned as my eyes widened slightly. 

"Uh, I'm about to get it right now." I quickly iterated, finally locating the drawer with all tools affiliated with incisions. 

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles questioned, obviously struggling to keep Brett still. 

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength." Derek sassed as I then rolled my eyes. Sooner than later I found the scalpel and I breathed out in relief. I then went over to Uncle Alan, hurriedly handing him the tool.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him." Uncle Alan advised as he looked over to us sternly. I took a deep breath as I then began to help holding him down, which was a huge task! I looked over at Stiles who was having a really difficult time stabilizing the part he was holding. 

Meanwhile, Peter was just lurking in the corner as if he enjoyed watching Derek struggle with the little bit of strength he was left with. 

"I think he's slipping. I don't think I can hold him." Stiles shakily let out. On cue, Brett's fear filled and glowing eyes opened widely, immediately pushing us off.  I groaned aloud as my back came into contact with the sharp edge of the metal counter. 

I looked over at Brett who was feverishly scouring the room, looking for the best way out while simultaneously trying to figure out what the hell we're doing with him in such a foreign place. As he turned around to try and bolt for the door, Peter sent a robust punch onto Brett's jaw- knocking him out cold. 

Derek and I shared a wary glance as we then looked over to Peter whose glowing eyes were then extinguished. "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself." He solemnly said, his eyes fixated onto Derek.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little." Derek said with a suspicious undertone to his words, a sly smirk then being plastered onto Peter's face.