{EC} 25. Gale Peters

"i'm in the details with the devil."

-f. o. b.

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

"Her? That's the girl that stole my money?"

Peter fired off the question as he feasted his eyes upon a very diffident Meredith. We were all stood behind the one-way mirror as Meredith was sitting in a chair on the other side of the mirror. She wasn't able to hear nor see us stare at her blankly.

"That girl is a banshee." Lydia iterated matter-of-factly. "They're more dangerous than you think."

"Oh, I think that girl's pilot light went out a long time ago

"Oh, I think that girl's pilot light went out a long time ago." Peter counter-attacked which resulted in my eyes rolling. "Sheriff, not to question the unquestionably sterling reputation of your department, but are you absolutely sure you got the one?" He questioned, his head now turning over to look at Sheriff Stilinski.

"How about you just go in there and see what she has to say?" Sheriff said straightly, his face wearing an expression of annoyance.

It's not a secret that nobody trusts Peter and the fact that he may be in the center of why so many people has died, it gives them even more reason. Though Peter hadn't given me a reason to not trust him up until recently, I never saw him the way others did. I'm happy that I was able to make my own judgement, but disappointed in the fact that they all turned out to be right.

After all, he kept my secret about Jennifer until the Nogitsune rudely exposed it. And above all, he is family.

While I was deep in my thoughts, Peter had made his way inside of the interrogation room. I watched in angst as he sat directly across from Meredith, the both of them eye-level to one another. Deputy Parrish was watching the two intently, his gun handy on his belt incase he needed it.

"Okay. . . Meredith." Peter greeted her as he clasped his hands together. "Where's my money? Or more correctly, what's left of it." Peter continued.

Meredith wasn't answering, though. The only thing that she was doing was studying Peter's features intently. She was scanning her eyes over his face with furrowed eyebrows as if she was in awe. As if what she was seeing was unbelievable.

After a few moments of studying, Meredith took it upon herself to slowly extend her fingers towards Peter's face. She ever so gently, but yet curiously, ran them across the left side of his face. I watched as Peter slowly trembled, abruptly snatching her wrist.

"Let her go." Parrish demanded, his hand already positioned on his gun. "Let her go." He said more sternly as Peter still had her wrist in his hold.

Lydia and I shared a silent look with each other before reverting to the scene before us.

Peter slowly descended Meredith's hand as his eyes were pinned to the table. "Why did you do that?" He quietly questioned.

"They're all gone." Meredith breathed out, her eyes still stuck on Peter.