{EC} 7. Grim Adventures of Carson Jenner || Part 1

"ugly is the world we're on
if I'm right then prove me wrong"

- mcfly

⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜ • ⚜

From Scott: Missing you at school today :/ i hope everything is going well x

From Scott: Oh & do you think you're going to make it for tryouts? We're getting into the second half now.

The buzzing of my phone then gained my attention as I stared down at my phone, a smile instantly glossing over my face. It was a text from Scott and it definitely brightened my day.

To Scott: Awe! I miss you too my favorite guy. I'm definitely trying to make it there to support!

To Scott: Until then, wishing you the best!!! think of me as your good luck charm ;)

"The table's Italian."

"So are these boots." Braeden fired back to Peter after she hoisted her feet up onto said Italian table. The petty interaction between the two adults then pulled me away from my phone, leaving to pay attention to the meeting that finally started.

I rolled my eyes as I then leaned forward in my chair. "Are you guys going to talk interior design and fashion, or are you going to talk numbers?" I rose my eyebrow, my eyes switching between Brae and Peter.

Everything's finally back to normal, besides Derek back to being an amber-eyed omega and all. Unfortunately, we're now back at square one which is to find Kate again so that we can get some kind of understanding as to what happened to Derek back in Mexico. He insisted on me staying as far away as I can from this situation- even though I could be an immense help.

Of course the obvious answer would be for me to help, but Derek believes that I would be extremely sensitive to this topic. When thinking back to the more extreme, and violent, experiences that I have indulged in- I'd say there isn't anything worse for me to do.

Seeing that our task matches Braeden's job description, I figured that this could be a great chance for her to gain more money. Because she already did an amazing job at finding Derek the first time, I have a lot of faith that she has the ability to find Kate.

Peter exhaled deeply as he then leaned forward to grab the pen, contemplating on his first pitch. However, I was busy staring at my brother who was lost in the reflection of himself in a pair of sunglasses, undoubtedly thinking about his eyes. The sound of Peter pushing the sticky note over to her then caught my attention as I watched Brae pick the pen up for herself, obviously disagreeing with the number Peter had set as she drew a line through it. My eyes widened at the bill she then replaced Peter's with, watching her slide the note back to Peter.

I chewed on my lip as Peter scoffed at the new proposal. "We're hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the president." He voiced his clear disapproval.

"I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. You're hiring me to find her first. Going against the Calaveras is what's going to cost you." Braeden explained her case, not seeming moved by Peter's disdain.

The sound of Peter huffing out frustratingly was then followed by the pen's scribbles as he created a new number, sliding it over to Braeden. I watched in amusement as Braeden simply pushed the note back to Peter- not even looking. Peter scoffed loudly as he then arose from the table, walking away as it was clear he was quite fed up if I do say so myself.

It was interesting watching how Braeden does her negotiations, it's straight to the point and candid, a lot like her. What made it even more better was seeing her do it with Peter- someone who is probably even more headstrong than her.