Chapter Twenty-Three: Intrigues

Third Person

After passing beetween the parking metal posts and escaping the teenage assassin on the purpose, Owen Elliot kept on driving on the motorcycle he stole to take a shortcut and go back to the theather.

Arrived there, he abandonned the stolen motorcycle and entered the theather by the back door. Walking over the knocked out body of the janitor, he entered the ladies bathroom. The lights were still opened. The mirror was broken because of Cooper who drove his head into it.

He entered THE stall where his precious black box was hiding. But when he got the tiles off...

... the black box wasn't inside.

Owen started to panick. Where was it?!?! It was supposed to be here!

Everything was crystal clear out of sudden: Cooper.

He swore to himself, but quite loudly. She took it. That's why he took advance on her. She got it before running after him.

Owen was freaking out. If Percy was ever aware that one the black boxes was gone... he'll get him killed.

With a slow and painful death. He shuddered at the thought.

What could he do?? Only one choice was offered to him...

... quit Division. And start a new life with a new identity.

And for that, he needed to get ride of his tracker. The tracker Division was surgically implanting inside their agents to know where they were all the time.

Owen left the theater, passing one more time over the knocked out janitor, not before trashing the whole place and stealing some dollars from the cash registers, to excuse the fact the bathroom was trashed and that he'd need some money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Owen winced at the pain when he was moving a knife inside his abdomen side to get the tracker out. When he finally found it, he got it out, breathing a sigh of relief, throwing the tracker on the ground and breaking it.

He took a deep breath, and exhaled, feeling relieved. Now Division lost his trace.

As he was applying a gauze and a bandage on the bleeding cut, he thought about something: Division knew his last localization: the appartment he was in. It wouldn't be long until Division tracks him down there, killing him and-

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the door of the appartment he was currently in opening. He got rid of his bloody instruments, throwing them in the sink and washing them quickly, and throwing what remained of the tracker in the trashcan.

He closed the lights, plunging the whole appartment in the darkness, and went into the bedroom, preparing himself for the events to come.