Chapter Twenty-Five: Leave Behind, Go Forward

"One day, you will take a gun, and shove a bullet into those bastards' heads for what they did to us. Are you gonna do that, honey? Are you gonna bring them down?"

I was gasping in sobs: "I-I promise, mommy."

~~~

I heard banging on the door.

I gasped.

"Rosie... hide under the bed. I will try to get them away!"

I hid under the bed.

I held on my breath as I looked at my mom loading a gun.

Suddenly, the door bursted opened.

I saw two black boots entering the burning room. Flames were everywhere in the room.

I heard gun shots. That's when I saw my mom tripping in her own legs. She fell on the floor, and her face full of blood was facing me, her eyes wide opened in surprise.

"MOMMYYYY!!!", I screamed as I looked into my wide-eyed dead mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gasped as I sat adruptly, waking up. I put a hand on my heart and tried to take my breath back. But of course it didn't. My own scream was still resounding in my head, but at the moment I took my asthma pump and inhaled into it, it disappeared and I sighed in relief when I could breath normally.

These fucking nightmares won't leave me alone, I swear. These times, my family's death (especially my mother's) came more and more in my dreams (or should I say nightmares) to haunt me.

Today was the day I'd finally leave. I'd leave the boys and Eleanor. Nikita would come and pick me up, and we'd go back in the USA, to keep on with our lives as professional assassins. I appreciated those 4 weeks with the boys and Eleanor. But it's a too big break. If I keep on sitting there on my ass, Division will think I stopped, AND I DON'T WANT THAT.

Oh, one way or another (no One Direction reference), I'll bring Division down, piece by piece, mission by mission, an agent down after another.

Those nightmares will maybe always haunt me, but when Division will be history of the past, my mind will be more tranquil.

And when I get the people's names who killed every each member of my family:

Daisy. Lily. My father. And my mother...

... they will all fucking pay!!

I heard two knocks.

"Uh, get in?", I said, getting back in reality.

Harry entered: "Can I come in?"

"Uh, sure."

He sat on my bed: "It's noon. You slept a lot."

I rubbed my eyes: "Yeah, I was tired yesterday."

Because I packed my things, talked to Nikita all night long and I tried to open the fucking black box, but I don't know how it works. That's why I'm leaving today for Owen Elliot to spill the beans.