Chapter Twenty-Six: Three Months Later

Rose P.O.V.

New-York, 3 months later...

"So, how do you find this apartment?", the real-estate agent asked.

Where am I right now? Currently buying an appartment.

It's been 3 months since I'm back from London, in other words it's been 3 months I didn't go on a mission and Nikita is always out there, doing some... without me!! When I'm asking her if I'm going, she says I know it's about the black boxes, and that's a 'solo thing'. I have a feeling Nikita is hiding something from me. She's always gone for days, even weeks, and I want to go on a mission SO BAD, so that Division knows I'm NOT giving up!

So for this, I need to make her know that I can manage myself on my own. And the first step for this, is to get my own apartment. After, I'm gonna plan my first official solo mission. Then, solo mission after another, I'll go to my main target: Percy.

But let's just start by buying an apartment first, shall we?

The one I was visiting was interesting me a lot: it's really nice. It's in New-York, and it's in a very calm street and there's a beautiful view of a lake which is beautiful at night, according to Karen, the real estate agent. It has a kitchen, a small living room with a spot for an office, a bedroom and a bathroom.

"Miss?"

I shook my head and looked at Karen: "What are you thinking about this apartment?", she asked.

I took a deep breath and shrugged, looking around the appartment: "Perfect. Simply perfect."

She smiled: "I'm glad you found it at your taste, Miss, uh-"

"Katherine Brooks. My name's Katherine Brooks.", I said my false identity.

Yes, I chose the name Katherine Brooks to sign the appartment. I don't know why. It's the first name that went through my head.

Just because I decided to leave the guys' lives, doesn't mean I will necessarily forget them.

~~~

I was walking through the crowdy streets of the Big Apple, my cellphone against my ear, waiting for Nikita to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Nikita."

"Rose! How you're doing?"

"Good, good... you?"

"I'm relaxing in my hotel... I come back in 2 days. How about you?"

"I'm good. I just want to say that... that I just bought an apartment."