Chapter Forty-One: Is It Going Too Fast?

Rose P.O.V

The next day

I walk in the streets of New-York. I feel like a new girl. No, like a new woman. I walk, my heels taping one after the other on the concrete sidewalk, like a rythmic melody, determinated. I pass in front of a shop glass. I look at my reflection: I changed. Since my night with Harry, I find myself more beautiful. I read on a site that sex creates a strong dose of pheromone in the brain, a chemical that makes you indeed more beautiful.

My skin is brighter. My eyes are shinier. My lashes look longer. My freckles are a bit more noticeable. My curves and chest are put more in worth.

I sigh, and keep walking. A man whistled at me when I passed. I thanked him (with my middle finger) but still I got a bit flattered he found me at his taste.

But still, he's an asshole and I have a boyfriend, so the middle finger was the best answer.

After a few minutes, I reached the sidewalk café, where the Vietnamiese-American woman that raised me during 8 years was sitting on a table waiting for me: Nikita.

I walked until I faced her.

"Wow, you're very beautiful, Rose", Nikita eyed me up and down.

I was wearing a blue dress with a small brown leather belt around my belly, along with a jeans vest and white heels. I was wearing the floral scarf Nikita gave me and I had sunglasses on my head.

Out of nowhere, my hand moved by itself to collide on Nikita's cheek.

*SMACK*

"Oh!!! God...", she whimpered, grabbing her cheek.

Everybody got surprised and the waitor, who decided to come at our table at the same moment, eyed me like if I was a giant swamp monster full of snot.

"You're paied to give me the menu, not look at me like that!", I said, sitting down.

The waitor staid silent, giving me the menu, and going away. People around were watching.

"What? Want my photograph? I have my reasons, if you wanna know, now go back to your boring lives and stop sneaking into mine!", I sassed, and everyone listened.

Nikita rubbed her cheek: "Alright, I deserve it."

"You bet your ass, you deserve it! Why would you do that??", I asked, on the verge of tears, thinking about the events that occured just yesterday in Italy. "I didn't sleep the whole flight, and I can't close my eye, no matter the time!"

Nikita sighed: "You get the problem of living a double life, now, right?"

"I manage myself, thanks for the trust."

The waitor came back.

"Just a coffee in a cup. Dark, but with whipped cream. I won't stay here for long.", I eyed Nikita with a cold stare at the last sentence.

The waitor nodded and went away.

Nikita spoke: "Look, Rose. I did this for you. I find amazing that you finally got a boyfriend. But you can't fight with Division and be with Harry at the same time. You'll just gurt yourself."

"Never heard that one, before...", I mumbled, thinking about my mini-me.

Nikita got confused, but looked at me in an intense way, like to read my soul. She stood up, walking to me, and moved my scarf. I moved it back on it's place. I didn't wear it for nothing. Harry left me a big hickey, that sent shivers down my spine (of passion) just thinking about it.