Chapter Fifty-Four: Aftershock

Third Person

Rose loaded two submachine guns that were hidden behind the couch and aimed them at the Division's alpha team.

Let's end this shit NOW, she thought.

She felt like Daisy, the night her family died, aiming heavy weaponry at the Division agents holding snipers and rifles, ready to attack.

"MOVE OUT THE WAY, YOU BASTARDS!!!", Rose yelled, pulling the triggers and watching the Division agents tumbling down like dominoes.

She let out all of her anger out.

Over her family's death. Over her being a Division creation against her will. Over giving up on grandpa and Bianca, the people who raised her and whom she broke while what they ever wanted was to give her a beautiful life, but she was too obsessed with revenge to ever realize. Over her little sister Camellia, who turned out to be her half-sister whom she gave up upon. Over the anger she had against Nikita; of her having a one-night stand with her father, a married man, and ending up giving birth to her half-brother.

Nikita, during that time, was shooting the Division agents with a shotgun. When the last one fell, others entered the loft. She kept shooting until she was out of ammo. Nikita did a roll to join Rose behind the couch.

"THEY'RE TOO NUMEROUS!!! LET'S PUT THE EMERGENCY PLAN IN EXECUTION! I KNOW YOU'RE MAD AT ME, AND I GIVE YOU ALL THE RIGHTS, BUT WE NEED TO WORK AS A TEAM IF WE BOTH WANT TO GET OUT ALIVE!"

Rose looked at Nikita for a few seconds and nodded.

Nikita put the emergency plan in execution. She rolled toward her computer and activated a powerful bomb. During that time, Rose was taking care of the agents with the submachine guns.

"I'M OUT!", Rose yelled, getting down when her submachine guns were empty.

"GO! GO! GO!", Nikita yelled, pushing the teenager in front of her.

Both women ran to the stairs as the agents kept shooting them. Nikita shot her computer and the timer went down.

30... 29... 28...

Nikita and Rose ran up the stairs as the agent followed them. When they arrived on top of the building, Rose blocked the door with a metal bar while Nikita opened the electric panel to get the emergency escape plan's key: a grappling gun.

"Backup won't be far behind!", Nikita said while shooting the grappling gun until the metal hook tied itself around a pole of the building in front of the loft.

Nikita grabbed a pulley she had in her pocket, put it on the cable, grabbed the handle tightly and zip-lined until she landed safely on the building in front of the loft.

20... 19... 18...

Nikita looked on the other side, and sent the pulley and the handle back up, and did a sign to Rose so she'll join her. But the girl had grabbed a pocket knife and cut the line with, staying on the soon to be exploded building. Nikita nodded, respecting her choice.

10... 9... 8...

Loud chopper noises broke the air. Rose grabbed the ladder getting out of Henry's helicopter, whom she had called prior to that, and stared Nikita the whole time before the helicopter flew away, the teenager hanging not far behind.

3... 2... 1... 0

The loft bursted in a big explosion. Nikita's face was illuminated by the bright orange light of the fire that consummed her loft and the Division backup who doubted nothing, and wind caught in her air.