Chapter 46

"I think I'm pregnant

"I think I'm pregnant." Lexi says.

"What." I say, completely taken back. I thought maybe she was going to say she lost her credit card and that's why she was worried. 

Not that she's growing a child. 

That is mine. 

In her body. 

"I said I think I'm pregnant." she says again.

"Oh I heard you the first time." I reply, running a hand through my hair. Pregnant? How? When?

Oh.

My birthday.

Well shit. Not ideal timing but it's fine. I wonder if she knows the gender already. Does it happen that fast? I'm not sure. I have to make her a doctor's appointment ASAP. 

"Well. Say something." she says, crossing her arms. I sneak a peek at her stomach but all that does is piss her off. "A baby doesn't make you start showing immediately jackass."

"I know. I wasn't looking at your stomach." I lie. Truth is I was wondering if maybe a leg or arm was pushing through but she's still skinny.

"Are you going to say anything?" she asks. I don't know what to say? Congratulations? It feels like anything I say is going to be wrong. She's been standoffish since I said 'what'. 

"Lexi, I found out thirty seconds ago you might be pregnant. I'm still processing." Which is true. She's had however long to process this and I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I could be a father.

She huffs and pushes past me, beyond pissed with my answer. I guess we will not be spending all night in bed. Hell the damage might already be done from it.

I let out a sigh, then jog with both of our suitcases rolling behind me, to catch up to her. She doesn't get very far, maybe twenty feet if she's lucky, before I tell her to stop.

"Listen, we don't know if you're actually pregnant or not. Let's get a few tests, fill you with water, and wait for the results."

"Mason, I'm over a week late on the pill. I don't think it's good." she says, her voice cracking. Her bottom lip begins to wobble and I know she's seconds from losing it. I feel like crying too but the two of us crying in an overcrowded airport wouldn't help anyone. Except I think hers would be sad tears, mine would be happy and scared.

"Come on, let's go home and figure this out." I command, pulling her towards the car.

Forty minutes of standstill traffic and a stop at Rite Aid, we finally get home. Lexi chugged two bottles of water while I lined up the seven pregnancy tests on the counter. When I grabbed all of them, she shook her head at me like I was insane. But hey if we get seven positives then we're definitely pregnant, right?

"I will never have enough pee for all of those." she states, gulping down the rest of the bottle.

I pull the first one out of its pocket and hand it to her. "I will wait up with you all night if I have to. It's best we know now, isn't it?"