Chapter 47

I walk into the pristine white kitchen and let out a content sigh

I walk into the pristine white kitchen and let out a content sigh. The kitchen cabinets are made of solid oak, painted a bright white color and complete with black handles. All of the appliances are black to match the handles and the granite countertops are a mix of black and white specs. The flooring tile is a pretty off-white color that has black caulking in between it. It's a timeless feel but the best part is it flows straight into the family room and dining room. 

"I can see myself cooking breakfast here with the kids running down the hall or watching Saturday morning cartoons." I say, dreamily looking at Mason. 

Our relator makes a few notes and beams. "This is a great home, but theirs only three bathrooms."

"What do you think?" I ask Mason. He's been pretty quiet since we've gotten to the first house. We have two more to see and I know he's thinking it's not over the top, but I stayed within the budget. This updated five bed, three bath came in at a whopping $2.5 million. It's a little over 3,200 square feet so it isn't small by a mile and the master shower is as Mason would say, "plenty of room for activities". There's also a gorgeous inground swimming pool and hot tub in the backyard with a small strip of grass for our kids to play in. 

"I think we should keep an open-mind for the other houses." he says, shooting me a panty-dropping smile. "But it gets bonus points for the master bath."

We head to the next house which is another five bed, five bath home with a pool. My one non-negotiable was having a pool that I could lay out by and that we could skinny dip in. We pull up to the front and our agent enters the gate code. 

"Well I'll give it a point for having great security. That's important for our privacy and our future kids." I say, peering out the window. 

Mason nods and points out that you can't see the pool from the front of the house. Another point for privacy. We head inside and immediately I don't like the kitchen as much as the other house. It's a dark charcoal color, complete with all new appliances but it feels almost too big. It's over 8,000 square feet. We could play hide-n-seek and not find each other for an hour. Our agent shows us the highlights of the property starting with the master bedroom, the kitchen, entertaining lower level, and the pool. Except the pool is underwhelming.

"It's so small." I whisper to Mason. This house is almost $9 million and the pool is big enough for maybe five adults and there's no hot tub. 

"We're definitely going to pass on this house." Mason says. "Let's see the next one."

We climb back into our respective cars and my stomach begins to flip. "What if we don't find one. These were the only three I liked within our budget." 

He glances at me through his peripheral and groans. "Stop biting your lip or I'm going to crash us."

I shake my head. "Can you not think about sex for one second please." Secretly, I love that he can't get enough of me.