Bonus Chapter 1- The Wedding

I stretch my arms in the tux, attempting to loosen it and get comfortable, when Noah hands me a red solo cup with a little bit of dark liquid

I stretch my arms in the tux, attempting to loosen it and get comfortable, when Noah hands me a red solo cup with a little bit of dark liquid. Knowing him, it's probably whiskey. Blake gathers the rest of the groomsmen around in a circle and raises his cup. We all follow suit as he looks at me, beginning his best man speech.

"I never thought this day would come for the playboy in our friend group, but I knew the minute Lexi walked through our house in college that Mason was fucked." Blake says, getting a round of laughs out of the group.

"In all seriousness, Mason, Lexi makes you a better man and a better person. I hope we can all find a love like yours. To Lexi and Mason."

"To Lexi and Mason." we all say then clink our cups and drink up. I should feel nervous right now but I'm oddly calm. I wish I could've seen Lexi this morning, but her bridesmaids insisted it's bad luck to see the groom before she walks down the aisle. I hope she remembers to eat breakfast and drink some water. I'd feel better if Gia texted me an update confirming that she has in fact done both.

Our photographer comes in to finish taking our 'after' pictures of getting ready and I'm tempted to ask her how Lexi's doing. I know my girl, she's probably nervous and freaking out a little.

 I know my girl, she's probably nervous and freaking out a little

I'm freaking out a little. I've barely eaten, I feel like my makeup is too heavy, and I really want five minutes to be alone. But most of all, I want to see Mason.

"Mom I just need five minutes." I whisper, as the hair stylist continues to curl my hair. I hate being center of attention and today feels like a never-ending spotlight that is permanently fixated on me. I could crawl out of my skin I'm so uncomfortable.

"Wait until your hair is done sweetie. Your dad has a surprise for you." my mom whispers back.

She's gotten a little older from helping me plan this wedding in eight months. After Mason proposed in February at the beach, we decided we didn't want a long engagement. We settled on mid-October in case the Dodgers won the World Series, but they didn't. They lost in the divisional around, but the team made a ton of improvement this season. I didn't want a wedding planner, nobody is as Type-A as me, so I enlisted the help of my mom and sisters. Naturally, I made them co-maid of honors because how else would I decide between my two sisters? Alongside them are Brooke, Gia, and Kaylee, my best friends in the world.