Chapter 49

I step out onto our balcony and take a deep breath, breathing in the salty air

I step out onto our balcony and take a deep breath, breathing in the salty air. After multiple flights, layovers, and snacks, we finally arrived in St. Lucia. The water is crystal clear and the deepest blue I've ever seen, although Mason disagrees and thinks my eyes are still bluer. The seagulls are perched on the wooden steps that lead from our hotel down to the private beach. The sand is as white as professional bleached teeth and there isn't a cloud in the sky. I can't believe we get to call this place home for the next week.

I pull out my phone and snap several pictures that don't justify how this place looks. The palm trees border the hotel along the side dancing to the tune of the gentle breeze pushing through the air from the sea. You can't not be relaxed here.

Unless you're Mason of course.

"Okay babe, I figured today we can chill at the beach or by the pool. But tomorrow I booked us a day on yacht. It's smallish since I wanted one for just the two of us, then we have snorkeling the day after, and we can still book the horses on the beach if you want." he says, pointing at the itinerary. 

When Mason found out I've never been on such an extravagant island, he decided to make it the 'best vacation ever'. His words, not mine. I was more than okay with sitting on the beach, getting a little drunk, and showing Mason a few new pieces I brought for the bedroom. 

"Mason." I start, trying to let him down easy. "Can we just enjoy the beach for the first few days? Please."

His face falls, disappointment crossing it for a split second, before recovering. "Yeah of course. I'm sorry. I just wanted you to have a great time." 

"We will. We can still do some of that stuff, you know I've always wanted to go snorkeling." I gush. "This is all so thoughtful, but I had a few different ideas on how to spend our time." 

His eyes follow me as I cross the room to stand in front of him. Slowly, I start to unzip the black jumpsuit I'm wearing, revealing what I've been hiding underneath, and watch his eyes bug out. His hands pull the rest of the jumpsuit off, helping me step out of it before he hoists me up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"This is a great start to the trip." he smirks, gently laying me on the bed. 

My heart rate picks up, the same it always does when I know he's about to love on me, and I reach for him, pulling him closer to me, needing to feel his weight on top of mine. "There's more where that came from." 

He presses his lips to mine and shows me the difference between making love and having sex.

⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾⚾

"Did you see that turtle?" I ask, popping the mouthpiece out. It's the second day of our trip and I caved and let Mason take me snorkeling already. He nods back, then dives his head underneath again. He looks like a little kid discovering swimming for the first time. He floats on top of the water, barely coming up for air, pointing things out to me. It's cute. So cute my heart feels like it's going to explode from how much I love this man. This is pure happiness.