Chapter 12 - Madonna's Birthday (Part I)

2 weeks later...

Kurt

"So what are you trying to tell me?" Krist asked.

"Something about her has changed. And I started noticing it from the day that I wanted her to lie down with me and she said no." I said.

"Has she been rude to you? Violent? Cold?" Krist asked looking confused.

"No, quite the opposite actually. But I dunno for some reason I just feel like she's trying desperately to turn me off or to friendzone me" I confessed.

Yeah, eventually I had to admit to the fact that I actually developed feelings for Ashlyn. I'm a man who wears my emotions on my sleeve so I couldn't lie to myself for long.

And I knew for a fact that she liked me too. But since that day... I don't even know how to explain it.

We've had a like five gigs since then, mostly off screen and spent most of the other time hanging out or just chilling. We hadn't really done anything big, we hadn't done any interviews but her popularity was growing slowly.

"It's best not to think too much of it. Do you want me to talk to her?" Krist asked. "Or Dave?" I winced.

And another thing that bugged me... Dave. For some reason they just developed a sudden closeness and hell, currently they were playing video games in the living room.

"I'm gonna kick your sorry butt Grohl!" We heard her yell.

"You mean my sexy butt" Dave teased. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm playing video games please, I don't wanna barf" She said as they continued going back and forth.

"So Dave is a no-no" Krist said. I sighed. "Sorry man, she'll come round"

"Sure" I said. "Alright you two, hurry on down. Food is here" I announced. Two minutes later the scrambled over to the dining. "Hi Ashlyn"

"Kurt" She said curtly as she gave me a hug. "Thanks for lunch" She said.

"Hey, it's what I do" I said with a smirk, trying to tease her, expecting a response. Instead she just smiled back at me and focused on her food.

See what I mean. But when Dave does it...

"Ashlyn you're a butt" Dave teased randomly.

"Still sexier than what you'll ever be" She shot back.

"Hush, you're not twenty-one yet. You can't use that kinda language" He said.

"Eat my ass" She said but slowly realized what she said. Dave had a huge wicked smile on his face while Krist stifled a laugh. "Shit... I didn't mean..."

"I'd be honored to" Dave said. I couldn't take this and I kicked Dave underneath the table. He looked up at me and mouthed "sorry" as he focused back on his food.

I picked at my food. Force of habit. I hadn't been eating much since this tour begun and so far, I think only Ashlyn gives me flack for it.

No correct that, she used to. Now she doesn't even show she cares.

"Kurt please eat something" She whispered.