Chapter 59 - Choice Is Yours

Kurt

"Are you still on edge about leaving Ashlyn alone?" Courtney asked, probably taking a note of my distressed state which I tried to hard as I played with Frances.

But of course, the mother of my child could read me like a book.

"Yep. I am" I said. I hadn't told anyone about what happened to Ashlyn but I did tell Courtney that she was going through a hard time. "I dunno, I just have this weird feeling in my gut."

"We should never ignore those feelings. They're intuitions" Courtney said. "Try calling her" She suggested.

"Already did. She told me she was fine and that I should enjoy my time with Frances. The last thing I wanna do is to make her feel guilty for me checking up on her"

Courtney raised an eyebrow.

"What exactly happened to Ash if you don't mind me asking?" Courtney asked.

I took a deep breath in. Ashlyn never explicitly asked me not to tell anyone about it but I felt weird. I felt it wasn't my story to tell.

But I know if she did want anyone to know, it would be Courtney.

And Michael.

"Ash was attacked and nearly raped... by someone she trusts"

A scowl appeared on Courtney's face as she processed that new piece of information.

"Izzy" That wasn't a question, it was a statement. "So that bastard finally made a move on her. I hope he isn't still walking freely?" Courtney asked. "Is he?"

"Axl beat the shit out of him, but we didn't do anything else to him cause Ashlyn, being the sweetheart that she is, didn't want us to hurt him. She just wanted him as far away from her as possible"

"And you listened to her?" Courtney asked, wide eyes. "So basically all Izzy got was a slap on the wrist for a major crime?"

"Well..."

"Kurt, I'm telling you. He's gonna try it again. Ashlyn is justified for being paranoid. Because what the fuck?"

"Courtney..."

"Don't Courtney me. You guys need to give him a strong warning in the form of a massive pummeling or he's gonna try it again. Are you telling me Axl really didn't kill him?"

"Axl has been withdrawn recently. Ash doesn't really wanna see him. The only person she's been wanting to see is me. And believe me, I'm the only person she's seen in the past three days"

"Poor thing is traumatized" Courtney said sadly. "But at least Izzy wasn't successful, was he?"

"No. And he's never coming close to her ever again. I just wish she would press charges. A part of her still loves him dearly which I hate"

"Well Izzy did give her something she treasures"

"What?"

"Her guitar skills. And she loves that instrument. So she'll always share the bond with him. That and that she's a natural sweetheart"

"Yeah she is. Alright, I'll believe she's okay. It's Frances time now" I said as I leaned into my daughter who seemed to be pouting. "Cheer up Bean. Daddy's here" I said as Courtney and I shared a laugh.

Though I missed Ashlyn, it was always a pleasure to be with my daughter. And that was never gonna change.

Izzy

I did it.

I was a bit tipsy but once I saw her in that nightie looking so cute and frightened I knew exactly what I wanted to do. God knew I couldn't help myself.