Chapter 68 - Heart To Heart

Axl

"That'll be six-fifty" The bartender said to me.

"I got it" Izzy said, sliding him the cash.

Yep. Izzy.

The bastard coaxed me into having drinks with him in an effort to make amends. And while I promised that I would give him a chance on phone, seeing him in real life made me wanna pummel him even more and more.

The bastard hurt my sister. He tried to rape her. He assaulted her. He made her bleed.

But he's my best friend. And as sick as it sounds, I've gotta talk to him. Man to man.

"So, do you forgive me?" He asked, going straight to the point. "It was absolutely impulsive. I mean you hit her impulsively right? Doesn't mean you care about her any less"

I tightened my hands into a fist as I glared at him.

"You drugged her. I rarely call that impulse"

"Like I said, I was high and got a hold of the stuff. I wasn't thinking straight. You know I care about her man. I mean even when you guys came to my house, you see that I didn't go through with raping her"

"You made her bleed!"

"Accidents happen" Izzy defended. I was dumbfounded. Surely I would be a terrible brother if I took him back. Especially with how Ashlyn's general attitude changed after the whole ordeal.

"Izzy, how many times did she beg you to stop?"

Izzy looked caught off guard by that question, swallowing hard and clearing his throat.

"Why didn't you stop? Why didn't you snap out of it?"

"Axl, I love your sister..."

"Then why didn't you snap out of it?" I asked through gritted teeth. "Izzy why did you do all of that? Like you have no idea how messed up this girl is. It's messing up with my own mental health! I hit her! I actually hit her! And this whole web of darkness was as a result of you and your uncontrollable libido. What gives man?"

Izzy was quiet. He seemed to be reflecting. But I knew the good for nothing bastard still had something to defend himself with.

"I guess this is on me. When I started having feelings for her I guess I should've fessed up. I just didn't think... they'll accumulate this much. I also never thought that you'd allow her date Kurt"

"Iz, she's been out of my life for almost a decade. I left her as a kid and met her again as an adult. I can't dictate her love life. And besides that, Kurt has been really good to her" He said. "You haven't."

"Ax man, you don't honestly believe Kurt is good for her. I know I fucked up but..."

"That's the thing. You fucked up. You let your dick control you. Good and fine. Kurt would and has never done that. He's fucked up yes but he'll never disregard her autonomy and force her to do something she doesn't want to do"

"But... fuck" Izzy sighed.

"Exactly. You have no excuse. I mean did you ever stop for once and consider how she might feel about this? Do you see it as having a right to her body? Did you feel that you could just get what you want from her without her consent?"

"I..."

"Did you even care to ask how she's doing now? My sister is a shell of her former self. Did you ever care to ask? Did you ever truly love or care about her? Or did you just see her as the girl you could never have?"

"I know I fucked up, I know, I know but... how is Stephanie? Does she know about your little slip up?" Izzy asked, trying to divert the topic.

That sneaky asshole.