Chapter 52 - Teenage Angst

Ashlyn

"Kurt?" I called out as he looked up lazily from his magazine. "Hey"

"What's up?" He asked, sounding a bit weary.

"You've barely talked to me all day. For a while actually. Are you alright?" I asked, with genuine concern. Kurt nodded.

"Nah. I'm fine. Once we land I'll make some time for you, okay?" He said with a tired smile before going back to his magazine leaving me feeling weird inside.

We had finally left the UK and while I had a lot of fun there, it was really a huge relief to finally be out of there.

And finally away from creeps like Chris Cornell.

As well as who ever drugged my drink at the club

A shiver ran down my spine at that thought. And at the fact that we still hadn't found out the exact person. And we probably never will.

What if I see the person again?

What if the person sees me again?

"Are you alright?" Kurt asked me, probably taking a note on how stressed out I looked. It snapped me out of my thoughts as my head shot over to him.

"Yeah. I'm fine" I replied. "I need to find Dave" I said, unfastened my seatbelt as I made my way over to where Dave and Krist sat. "Hi guys"

"Hey Ashlyn" Krist said. "You don't look so hot. Did you and Kurt have a fight?" He asked.

"I wish. For us to have a fight we actually need to speak more than four sentences to each other" I said with a sigh. Krist frowned at this and cursed under his breath.

"Son of a bitch" He cursed as he unfastened his seatbelt and made his way over to where Kurt and I sat. I took this opportunity to sit down next to Dave who looked at me with a curious expression.

"What's going on with you and Kurt this time?" Dave asked with half amusement and half worry. I sighed. "Ashlyn"

"I don't know actually. It started about two days ago. While we were trying to figure out who drugged me. Then we spent some time apart for a while and when we finally met again, he started treating me like the plague." I said with a sigh. "Maybe Izzy's right. Kurt and I have had so many issues within this short time of... I don't even know what we are cause we are surely not dating"

Dave sighed.

"Hmm. Something must've triggered all these. Something always triggers all these. You're sure nothing happened to make him change his mind suddenly?" Dave asked. I shook my head no. "Hmm"

"I know there's always a catalyst each time we have issues but this just came out of the blue." I said with a sigh.

"You guys are dating right?" Izzy asked.

"I dunno, are we?" I asked.

"Do you want to?" He asked.

"Of course I do. We're practically dating at this point anyways. So what went wrong suddenly?" I asked in a shaky voice. Dave said nothing but linked his fingers with mine as I rested my head on his shoulder.

What a life I was living.

Kurt (Same Chapter POV... Ooh)

"You're pretty dumb, you know that?" Krist informed me after I narrated everything that happened with Izzy to him. "So, now you just wanna be cold to a girl you've poured so much affection on to? Kurt, you're insane!"

"I'm just trying to protect her heart honestly. I lo... like her too much to break her heart that way. I'm in pain Krist, honestly. But Izzy's words are stuck in my head. I can't get them out. Fuck!" I swore as Krist looked at me pitifully.