Chapter 32 - Nirvana: Live At Reading (Part I)

Ashlyn

God, what is Chris's problem? Why does he have to put a damper on this moment yet again.

And why couldn't I just stand up to him instead of crying like a baby?

Maybe Dad was right.

"Why is everyone staring like that?" Mike asked, noticing the tension in the air. "Everything alright Chris?"

No, everything is not alright.

And how come Mike knew all these people yet he never introduced me to any of them.

Not the time, I know. But just a thought.

"Everything's just peachy" Chris said with a forced smile. "I wanna talk to you" He said, pointing at me.

"That's not possible" Kurt said. "Do you want another punch cause I'm willing to give you as many as I can" He said, balling up his fist.

"Relax Kurt" I said, placing my hand on his chest in an attempt to calm him down. As much as I appreciated him, standing up for me. I wanted to handle this on my own.

Also, I hated violence. I went through a lot of it as a child.

"What else do you wanna say to me Chris? You've insulted me enough"

"And if you don't leave in two seconds I'm gonna pummel your face to the ground" Krist threatened, glaring at Chris. I could sense Chris was a bit scared of Krist, given his size advantage.

"Insult? What insult? What did he say to you sweetheart?"

I noticed Chris wince at the mention of 'sweetheart' from Mike and all I could do was groan.

"He called her a slut" Kurt said, watching as Michael's expression changed as the taller man turned over to Chris.

"What?"

"Mike..." Michael didn't let Chris utter another word as he immediately shoved him into a wall and grabbed him by his collar, choking him.

Yeah, Michael was the sweet but violent type. I found out one day when he attacked a guy who almost robbed me on my way back home from work.

I could see some muscles on Chris but I knew Michael could easily kill him.

"Wanna repeat that?" Michael asked.

"What the fuck man?" Chris who was obviously in shock panted out.

"Let him go Mike" I said placing my hand on his back. "We really don't have time for this right now. The show starts in like less than thirty minutes. I don't wanna deal with him"

"There's plenty of time. And if you don't wanna deal with him, I will" Michael declared before turning back to Chris. "So, why would you call my employee a slut huh?"

"Employee?" Chris asked with a look of confusion.

"Well technically she's not your employee any..."

"Shut it Dave!" Mike, Krist and Kurt yelled simultaneously. If not for the tense situation, I would've giggled a bit.

"Now what the hell is going on here?" Axl's voice came from a distance. I turned around to see him walking towards us with Izzy in tow.

"Stone? Cornell?"

I noticed Kurt smirk, as if he knew what was coming next.

To be honest, I knew it as well.

This was the exact reason why I wanted to stay away from any drama before our performance tonight.