Chapter 67 - Reinventing What We Knew

Kurt

My biggest fear was confirmed.

That prick raped my Ashlyn.

He took her virginity.

He subjected her to torture.

Someone who looked up to him. Someone who admired him. Someone who loved him.

He couldn't just keep it in his pants.

He's the reason she stopped touring. He's the reason she hadn't been herself in quite a while.

It was solely him.

And at what cost? Why wouldn't he just let it go? Why couldn't he just find another girl? Why did it have to be Ashlyn?

I saw the bruises on her body. He went hard on her. He totally disregarded her as a human being and saw her as an object of satisfaction to his sick needs.

God. I wanted to commit murder. I wanted to squeeze his throat so hard that his eyes would roll to the back of his head and his face would turn blue.

I wanted to castrate him and let him bleed out like the sick bastard he really was.

I wanted to do a lot. I wanted him to suffer. Just like he made Ashlyn suffer.

"I'm so sorry for telling him where you were Ash. I feel this is all my fault. I was just worried" Dave apologized, the guilt evident on his face.

"It's alright Dave. He would've done something else some other time. He's a ticking time bomb. He deceived us all" She said with a sigh.

"I know this is stupid but... how do you feel? Pain wise?" Krist asked, looking very nervous. Ashlyn's lips quivered at that question as I placed a comforting hand on hers.

"I still can't walk without feeling pain. I'm reminded of him constantly." She said with a sniffle. "I have a lot of bruises too. He's a monster"

"My Ashlyn" I said, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. "I'm so sorry for leaving you alone that night"

"It's not your fault Kurt. It's not your fault" She said with a sigh. "I just wanna be happy again"

"You will be." I said. "One step at a time. But first off, Izzy's gonna pay" I said, clenching my fists tightly. "Wanna press charges?"

She shook her head vehemently. And I understood. But still...

"Don't you want him locked up? So that he can never do this to anyone else ever again?" I asked.

"I do, more than ever and I'm not trying to be selfish or anything but I don't think I can stand in court and testify. I can't look him in the eye and relive all those moments again. Plus he's a celebrity. He can hire good lawyers"

She had points but it was obvious she was just scared. I wasn't gonna pressure her into doing it however, I knew when she was ready she would press charges.

"Okay so take away the law..." Krist said, rolling up a fist. "There are other ways we can do this"

"Fists are one thing but I have a better idea..." Chantelle said, walking over to where we all sat and taking a seat right next to Ashlyn. "Mental torture."

We all looked at each other then back at Chantelle, eager to hear what she had to say.

Chris

I had been feeling a bit weird ever since my recent encounter with Ashlyn as well as the discoveries I just made.

I knew I promised not to tell anyone but I had to tell my best friend as well as the newest development...