Chapter 10 - The Go Gets Going

Kurt

The last week felt like a blur albeit a stressful blur. All the doubts in my mind aside, Ashlyn fit perfectly into the band.

She got along with everyone, brought a certain spark of energy to the table and in terms of music, her sound blended perfectly in with ours.

She was just perfect. Extremely perfect.

"Nirvana we go live in ten minutes. Hope everything is set!"

"Yes sir!" Krist called out. "Wait is everything set? Where's Ashlyn?"

"I'm right here. Sorry had to change first" She said. I was still in my thoughts and as such didn't pay much if any attention to her.

"Damn girl. Loving the outfit" Dave whistled. That snapped me out of my little thought process as I looked over at her.

And damn.

Her outfit consisted of a white tank top with a red flannel shirt, jean shorts and sneakers. She wore minimal makeup featuring blood red lipstick and eye catching eye liner. Her hair was in a loose ponytail with some loose hair coming out and complimenting her face.

Simple yet sexy.

"Nice image girl. I see Seattle written all over this. Want this to be your signature stage look?" Krist asked. She shrugged.

"'Maybe, maybe not. But thanks" She said with a smile as she turned over to look at me. I was a bit lost for words but I managed to stay cool.

"You look gorgeous" I said. "Are you ready for the show?"

"Thanks Kurt and hell yeah I am." She said with a lot of confidence written on her face.

"Atta girl. C'mon" I egged on as we went up on stage.

As usual before a show, I'd always try to take in a deep breath, ignore or try to numb out my stomach pains and just focus on the music and it's worked for a long time.

During that time I blanked out a bit and hadn't noticed Krist introduce Ashlyn to the crowd. Of course this was televised as well so he was basically introducing her to our general audience.

"...and this is the latest addition to our little band, give it up for Ashlyn!" Krist hyped. The crowd went wild upon seeing Ashlyn to which she responded with a grin and a shy blush.

She was so cute.

While Krist was busy playing with the audience I mouthed over to Ashlyn.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"A little. But I'll be fine. And I'm not doing this alone" She responded. I nodded and turned back to the audience ready to give them a show. And what a show it was.

Ashlyn did incredibly well for her first show together and even with the pressure of it being televised, she didn't flinch once. It was probably the energy from the crowd, from the music or just from performing in general.

We played about a lot of songs, consisting of singles, unreleased songs and songs from Nevermind and Bleach. Then at the tail end I just couldn't help but do something...

"...and here goes to my best friend in the whole entire world. Hey Axl, if you're sitting on your couch in your fancy Beverly Hills mansion watching this which you probably are since you're so in love with us, kiss my gluteus maximus! Goodnight Olympia!" That outta rattle the crowd, the media, Guns N' Roses and most importantly Axl and that made me happy.

Some may consider it childish but I didn't care. Not in the slightest.

"Was that necessary Kurt?" Dave asked once we were all backstage.