Chapter 73 - You're Face To Face

Kurt

I woke up to several calls from our management team as well as some calls from David Geffen. I immediately sprung up out of bed and was about to call Krist and Dave when Michael stormed into I and Ashlyn's hotel room.

"Kurt? Are you seeing the news?" Michael yelled. "Who the hell is behind this?!"

Michael yelling was new. What the hell warranted this?

"Quiet down" Ashlyn's soft voice spoke from next to me.

"Michael, don't wake her up" I urged, rubbing her back in a bid to calm her down and make her go back to sleep.

However, she sat up the moment she heard me mention Michael's name.

Of course she did.

"Mike, is there any problem?" She asked, looking worried. "Mike?"

"Ash... I want you to promise me that you're gonna remain calm. Okay?" Michael said, looking absolutely terrified. Ashlyn nodded, she looked incredibly worried though.

I couldn't blame her. Michael was acting very uncharacteristically disturbed. I felt bad for him. Which is why I knew this news had to be heavy.

Michael proceeded to turn on the TV and within minutes, we understood exactly why he had such a brash reaction.

"Sister of Axl Rose and rhythm guitarist of Nirvana, survived an attempted rape attempt at the early hours of yesterday evening"

Holy Fuck.

Ashlyn began to shake. Like really shake. I tried reaching over to her but she brushed my hand away and just ran into the bathroom. Followed by that were puking sounds.

Before I could get up and go over to her, Michael rushed there and I would presume that he was holding up her hair.

Of course he did.

Poor girl.

I went over to the bathroom to see her rinsing her mouth and Michael gently stroking her hair. My stomach twisted in a knot as she finished doing that and looked up at me with outright sadness in her eyes.

I motioned for her to come to me and she immediately ran over to me and gave me a tight hug.

"Kurt, why me?"

I had no response to that as I continued to stroke her back gently. Michael and I locked eyes. No words were said.

Yet a thousand words were said at the same time.

Chris

Hook. Line. Sinker.

It was almost too easy.

If I had to bet, she was in a crying mess and holding on to one of the men in her life.

Not for long though.

I was about to become the only man in her life.

And the first person I had to knock out of the peg was Michael.

From what Ash had been telling me, she seemed to be closer to Michael, more so than her brother.

Which was why I was certain that if I cut Michael out of her life, it would break her.

It was going to be hard, but I believe that I was smart enough to do so. After all, I did know Michael very well.

"Ashlyn, I called immediately I saw the news. What the hell happened?" I yelled into the phone, sounding extremely worried.