Chapter 37 - Talk About Timing

Kurt

"You seem incredibly calm for someone who's involved in a ton of shit" Krist chuckled as he, Dave and I went out for breakfast. "Hell, this seems relatively new. The three of us together. I hasn't been like that in forever"

"Yeah. Who knew all it took was Izzy Stradlin punching Kurt's girlfriend in the face" Dave joked earning a glare from me in the process. "Sorry. But, it's kind of true."

"Don't joke about that." I warned. "I wanted to rip that fucker's eye out but I couldn't in front of her" I said with a sigh. "And now, she doesn't even want to be around me"

"Not true. She just needs time to breathe. And so do you. You've had your head wrapped up in Ashlyn for so long you don't know how to be without her. Just calm down man. She'll come back when she's ready" Krist encouraged.

He did have a point.

"Spend some time apart, it's healthy" Dave said. I nodded and sighed.

"You guys are both right" I concluded. "I'll give her all the space she needs."

"That's it" Krist said. "Just take a break, you hear that, a break"

"Yeah, a break" I repeated. "A break is all..." As I continued to reassure myself with that lie, I was suddenly cut off by the appearance of Eddie Vedder.

I made to send him an unfriendly glare to make him know he wasn't welcome.

"Hey, I'm not Chris. No need to do that" Eddie said. "I called you a few times"

"I know" I said, still glaring at him. "And I think my message was passed across well enough when I ignored your calls" I said. Eddie sighed.

"Kurt, I'm not in support of Chris or anything he did. He told me. And believe me he feels awful" Eddie said. "I wanted you guys to make it right but I haven't even seen Chris since he got his ass drunk at the bar last night"

"Well Chris isn't here, neither is Ashlyn so I guess you should skedaddle" I said, not wanting to sound rude cause I genuinely liked Eddie but I didn't wanna deal with anymore shit.

The brunette guitarist sighed and looked like he was purposely holding something back which we all caught up on.

"Chris, he went on all night about he wanted to find Ashlyn. I thought it was the alcohol talking but then, he kinda disappeared."

"He did what?!" I asked in shock. "Well why the hell are you just telling me now?"

"Well you didn't pick my calls" Eddie defended. "I think you should check up on Ashlyn. Just to be sure"

I looked at Dave and Krist who nodded as we all stood up and dashed out with Eddie, making our way back to the hotel to check up on Ashlyn.

So much for staying away.

Slash

"Are you ready red?" I asked Ashlyn who was busy styling her hair up into a ponytail, not unlike what she does on stage.

The little swelling she had around her right eye and sides of her face went down but now she had a nasty looking black eye which she tried her hardest to cover with makeup.

But if you looked close enough, you could still see it plus the swelling.

Stradlin sure did a number. Sheesh.

"Almost" She said as she gazed on the still sleeping Chris Cornell. "I almost feel bad for him"

"You really shouldn't." I said. She gazed at him once more and sighed. Then she got out a note and started scribbling. "What are you doing red?"