Chapter 44 - Aqua Sea Foam Shame

A/N: Today is April 5th 2023 and marks 29 years since we lost Kurt Cobain and 21 years since we lost Layne Staley. This chapter is dedicated to them 🕊

Ashlyn

I heard the clicks. I saw the flashes. I felt someone's presence with me.

Kurt believed. I could tell.

Axl did too. So did Izzy, Stephanie, Courtney, Krist and Dave.

They believed alright.

They all believed I was imagining things.

Steph believed it could just be a figment of my imagination as Kurt would've seen if there was anybody there taking the pictures. She also believed it couldn't be a crazy fan or something since the beach was secure.

That made me feel a little bit better.

But I still had my doubts.

We had only three more days to spend in Reading before going back to the comfort and sweet sweet embrace of Road trips and our tour bus back in the US.

And away from my brother until we go to LA or something.

So I was gonna savour every moment of it.

Currently Stephanie and I were getting mani pedis plus an elite spa session. Her treat of course.

There was a big party going on this night being thrown by Mudhoney and a bunch of us were invited.

I was a bit nervous yet excited. It meant I would get to meet more of the people I idolize.

I just hoped the night turned out well.

"You've honestly pampered me too much Steph. I've gotta repay you soon" I said with genuine appreciation.

It was nice to see that Axl got himself a really nice girlfriend. The last thing he needed was a total hitch like Izzy told me most of the girls who dated rockstars were.

But Stephanie, no. Total sweetheart.

"Oh please don't think about that. You've been through so much hun. It's the least I can do. Plus you're practically my sister in law. Girl's gotta look out for you. You know?" I giggled in response as I felt the soft and relaxing sensation on my back.

"Well I appreciate it a lot. Thanks Steph" I said and she gleamed at me in response.

"So how's things with you?" She asked. "Are you a bit calmer now? You know regarding the person who you thought took your picture in the bathroom?"

I sighed. "Steph, I'm telling you. Someone actually did. I saw three flashes. It's still spoiling me out. I don't know why no one believes me"

"We all believe you. We believe you could have seen flashes. But there's no way of telling if it's actually from a camera. It could've been from another source, you know?"

"Yeah like what?" I asked, patiently waiting for an answer. Steph seemed to rack her brain but couldn't come up with an explanation. "Exactly."

"Still, I feel you shouldn't be worried" She assured. I sighed.

"It's not just that. Lately, I've been having this feeling that I'm being followed. I don't have any proof yet but... I just know."