Chapter 2 - Won't Regret A Thing

Welcome to Chapter 2!

July 1992...

Kurt

"...so Pat Smear is a no-no then. Tough break" Dave said as he ended the call he was making.

"Well that sucks. But then again it could be a sign that we don't really need a fourth member. Silver lining eh?" I stated.

"Weren't you the one on our asses about getting a rhythm guitarist? All the big bands have one you know?"

"Not all. I could've been high or something while saying that you never know. We'll figure it out but for now this couch is what's calling my name" I said closing my eyes preparing for a deep slumber when the front door opened with a jarring noise. "But of course the universe says otherwise. Hi Krist"

"Hello to you too dear friend. What have you two been up to?" Krist replied.

"Not sleeping, not eating. The usual" I mumbled. I honestly wished I was joking.

"Well that's great!" Krist cheered.

"Fuck you man" I said with a laugh. But I will say this, if there was anyone who could elevate my mood it was my best friend. "So what brings you to my humble abode of a hotel room?"

"Well for starters I brought food. Chinese" Krist announced.

"Oh sweet. Let's dig in guys. If you don't I will" Dave said jumping at the food.

"Yeah Dave, by the way you're welcome" Kristen said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. "Kurt?"

"Uhh... yeah. I could eat." I said. I knew it wouldn't hurt to try. Hopefully the food stays down this time.

"Atta boy" Krist joked as I shook my head at him. I managed to get up from the chair and actually sit upright. Dave was half done.

"Yeah I'm a pig well fuck you" Dave said almost totally reading my mind. I gave out a little laugh.

"That was unnecessarily rude of you David" I said ruffling his hair a little before I begun to dig into my food.

Yippie.

"Actually I've been looking for you guys like everywhere. We've got a radio interview in Seattle next week" Krist said receiving gut wrenching groans from Dave and I. "Yeah, I'm excited as well"

Universe 1, Kurt Cobain 0.

"I hate going to Seattle" I said plainly.

"I hate interviews" Dave said.

"Well you barely even say anything so you'll be alright" Krist said addressing Dave. "And you..." He turned to me. "...you fucking live in Seattle"

"Yeah exactly. It was all fun and games with Courtney and Frances but since we broke up I'm just living in an empty house. So no siree" I said.

Seattle was fun and all, much better than Aberdeen actually but what's the point when you've got no one to share it with?

"Touching. You could always stay with Duff or..." Dave suggested but I made sure to cut him off.

"Need I remind you that Guns 'n' Roses hate our guts? Well Krist and I, you're a goody goody Dave" I teased.

"Us drummers are peaceful set of people. And quite frankly I think it's just Axl."

"Same difference. If we must I'll stay in a hotel. No biggie" I said with a shrug.

"My heart goes out to you Kurt. Perhaps we could throw a party?" Krist suggested.

"No" I replied. "Just no"

"Oh God when did you get so boring? God!" Krist exclaimed dramatically.

"I'm so boring, that's okay cause so are you. We've broke our friends" I sang softly parodying Lithium.

"I'd wanna say touché but I don't think I can bring myself to say that so I'll just move on." I chuckled. "What were you guys talking about anyways?"

"Oh right. Well, Pat Smear declined our offer and Kurt is beginning to insist that we don't need another guitarist so argue it out with him" Dave said motioning to me.

"Kurt!" Krist warned.

"What?" I asked innocently. I was innocent actually.

"I'll get back to you later. So what's it for now?" Krist said sounding a bit annoyed.

I knew was innocent though. I had done nothing wrong.

"Well, we might just forget it" Dave suggested with a shrug.

"I second that and before you say anything Krist, I know I was the one who suggested it I can always retract if I want" Krist rolled his eyes.

"That's not what I even wanted to say. I just wanted to ask if it has to be someone who's already in a band?" Krist asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Um... not really I guess. As long as they are skilled enough" Dave said as he took a drink of water. "That was a good meal"

"Hmm" I replied. "So anyways? What are you trying to tell us Krist?"

"I know someone. A friend of mine. In Seattle..."

"No" I replied shutting it down immediately I heard the word 'Seattle'.

"Yes. As I was saying, this girl is really good and she has been playing for a long time" He continued.

"Did you say girl? I'm in" Dave said his eyes lighting up like a kid on Christmas Day.

"She's pretty young though and she works for Mike but..."

"Stone?" I asked. Krist nodded. "Huh, it's been a while" I said trying to remember the last time I saw that guy. Maybe it would be good to pay him a little visit.

"Say no more. I'm sold. When do we get to meet her?" Dave asked.

"Keep it in your pants man" I joked.

"Oh hush." Dave said. "When do we get to meet her?"

"Well maybe next week. We'll be in Seattle right?" Krist asked. Dave nodded. "Kurt what do you have to say?"

"Nothing actually. I don't care if she's 85 with a fake hip I just want to hear her play." I said honestly.

"Fair enough. Trust me we won't regret a thing"

"I hope so" I said.

I know the Chapter's a little short but we're getting there slowly.

There will be a slight adjustment of dates and times, it's fanfiction so I guess I'm excused. Till next time!