Chapter 22 - Welcome To England

Ashlyn

Why did things have to be so needlessly complicated?

Kurt and I were chill. We still talked, laughed, hung out and did all our usual things but... there was this tension in the air whenever we were together. It sucked honestly.

What was so bad that he didn't wanna tell me?

"Hey, we'll land soon. Are you okay? You've been gripping the chair for a while" A concerned sounding Kurt asked me. I smiled lightly.

"I'm okay. Just getting used to it all" I confessed. He smiled and held my hand, his fingers gliding into mine and entangling them. Perfect fit.

"Just hold on to me for as long as you need. I'm not going anywhere" He assured. I nodded and closed my eyes. I could feel Kurt rubbing my hands in another attempt to calm me down.

He was sweet like that.

But... it was weird. Considering how the past two weeks had been.

Did he really like me? Was he using me? Or was there something deeper?

Ugh. Love. I'm too young for this type of drama. So I decided to forget about it for another week and focus on the actual event.

The Reading and Leeds Festival!!!!

Which we were headlining. Ho yeah! Does it get any better than this?

The answer to that is, yes it does.

"Axlllll!" I yelled in excitement as I ran over to meet my brother who was waiting for us at the airport.

"Ashlyn. My girl! I missed you so much. Which is why we all couldn't miss this festival for the world!" Axl said. I hugged him even tighter and from the corner of my eye I noticed Kurt giving a small smile.

"Hey Rose" Kurt greeted curtly. Axl shook his hand which made everyone gasp.

"Hey Cobain" He greeted. "Grohl. Novoselic"

"Hey Rose" They all greeted.

"Quick question, when did you guys start treating each other like actual human beings?" Dave asked. Kurt and Axl laughed.

"Don't get me wrong, I still hate his guts. But... for the sake of Ashlyn..." Axl paused as he placed a kiss on her temple. "...I can get along with fucking Josef Stalin"

"Awwn who knew Axl Rose had a heart" Krist teased as they all laughed.

"Don't make it too loud. I've got an image to protect" Axl joked. "And Ash, I got us a conjoined room. Hope you guys won't mind?" Axl asked.

Right. As if Dave or Krist would care. His question was obviously directed at Kurt.

"Nah. You guys, have some fun. Some nice sibling time. My sister's coming along anyways. She'll be thrilled" Kurt joked once again making everyone laugh.

Axl seemed to be in a good mood. That was one thing I noticed. The other was that he suspected Kurt and I had already started dating... and he was cool with it.

The stuff of nightmares.

"Did the guys come along?" I asked.

"Yeah. They wouldn't miss it for the world. They all missed you too. Especially Izzy. He's supposed to arrive here shortly" Axl said.

"I bet he is" Kurt mumbled. I slapped his stomach lightly for that remark.

"Well I missed them too. And Izzy. We've actually gotta hang out one of these days. It's been long. We haven't even played guitar..."