Chapter 38 - On A Plain

Ashlyn

"No. Izzy no. I'm not doing this. Leave me alone!" I yelled. We were outside the guitar store and Izzy tried several times to apologize to me.

"When did you start calling me Izzy? What happened to Jeff?"

"Cause I'm angry with you! The Jeff I know would never punch me in the face"

"It was an accident. You should know me better!"

"Exactly. I thought I knew you better!" I yelled. "Jeff, you put me in harms way. You willingly got violent knowing I was literally right in front of you. You wanted to get violent with someone who means so much to me."

"Because Kurt's a fucking asshole!" Izzy defended.

"What about Chris Cornell?" I shot. Izzy opened his mouth to say something but it shot. "Oh so someone who forced himself on me is less of a concern than someone who likes me?"

"Ash it's not that simple"

"Then explain it to me!" I yelled as Izzy groaned. I waited for a while but he had nothing to say. "Jeff, I know you think Kurt is bad for me. But why do you have so much disdain for him? Was Courtney right? Do you really have feelings for me?" I asked, making Izzy's eyes bulge wide open definitely not expecting that question from me.

"Ash, sweetheart. Believe me. I don't have any feelings for you neither do I wanna date you. I never have and I never will. You're like my fucking sister for crying out loud" He stated, stressing on every word. I sighed. "Must i be jealous to have opinions?"

I could tell he was telling the truth. Hell, I knew the truth. Then what was his deal?

"Jeff, I'm not gonna continue on this topic. It's honestly stressing me out and hell look at you! You're allowing it to eat you up as well!"

Izzy gave out a loud sigh then opened his mouth as if intending to say something but shut it right after.

"If you've got nothing else to say I'm heading back in to meet Slash. At least GNR has one decent guitarist who won't lose his cool around my potential boyfriend"

Izzy rolled his eyes. "Right Slash. And what does your boyfriend have to say about you hanging out with Slash?" Izzy spat distaste fully. I crossed my arms over my chest. "What?"

"Kurt has no problem with me hanging out with Slash. I know this. The only person he has a problem with me hanging out with is you." I stated.

"And you'd really wanna be with someone who dictates who you can and cannot hang out with"

"Jeff..."

"No, it's cool. I'm truly sorry about inadvertently hitting you and giving you a shiner. I totally understand if you wanna stay away from me. Whether it's on Kurt's orders or not" Izzy said in a tone which made me sure that he meant every word of what he said.

I groaned in frustration.

"Don't guilt trip me Jeff, please don't" I pleaded. "I've forgive you yes but..."

"It's totally fine Ash. It is" He said coolly. "If you don't wanna be around me and your so called boyfriend doesn't want to either then it's fine" Izzy said as he held his hands up in the air in surrender. "I'll leave you to hang out with Slash" He said as he turned around and made his way to leave.

I knew what he was doing. The guilt trip, the manipulation and everything in between but... this was Jeff. I loved and cared about him dearly.

"Jeff wait... please" I said and almost immediately he stopped in his tracks and turned around giving me a remorseful look. I sighed. "Jeff..."