Permanent Damage

-Author's P.O.V.

Outside the city hospital of Manhattan, Max sat on the bench, leaning his head on his hands. Lilith, his mother was hospitalized in there, having an operation. She was hanging between life and death, and he could do nothing other than sitting outside and crying on how he failed to protect his family.

Max didn't knew what happened and why it happened. Bella has disappeared without any trace, his father is gone somewhere without an ounce of care for his family, their house is wrecked and every single guard was shot dead by someone.

"MAX!!" Jasmine called him, running towards his as fast as she could.

He stood up from the bench upon seeing her and she quickly embraced him in a hug. Her tears fell freely from her eyes, drenching his shirt slowly. She rubbed his back soothingly as she sobbed. When she found about Bella's disappearance, she came here without a single thought.

"I heard what happened... I'm so sorry Max" she sobbed, "I'm sorry that you had to go through this..."

The last wall of his emotions collapsed. Tears filled in his eyes upto the brim as he hugged her back. He didn't wanted to cry, not wanting to be even more weak in a situation such as that but her warm hug was enough to make every restraint emotion surface.

"I... don't know what to... do..." he stammered. "Bella... mom... dad... everyone. My family's falling apart" he struggled to say the words.

"Everything's gonna be okay... We're gonna find Bella" she sniffed, blinking away the tears that were threatening fo fall down.

Suddenly....

A hard blow of a hockey stick fell on the back of his head! "MAX!!!" Jasmine screamed in horror, jumping back in horror.

Max's mind went blank, his brain went numb in pain. He stumbled backwards, holding his head, his vision getting blurred, eyes threatening close anytime. He felt a warm liquid dripping down the back of his head. Glancing at his hands which was holding his head, he saw his palm drenched in blood.

"Oh my god Max!" Jasmine gasped, attempting to run towards him but was immediately caught back by some people wearing jet black suits. "NO!! LEAVE HIM!! LET HIM GO!!" She cried out.

Another kick was thrown at him but Max held his leg before it could contact with him and kicked the man in his abdomen. That one kick was his last ounce of strength, his vision blurred, dizziness overcame his being and engulfed until he was drifted into the darkness.

"NOO!!!" Jasmine screamed as his unconscious being hit the ground, landing with a loud thud. She used her all strength to break herself free from them and ran to him. She knelt near him, holding his head to her lap, patting his face to wake him up. "Max.. open your eyes... please.. Max..." she sobbed as she held him.

Clenching his bloodied shirt inside her fist, she cried loudly when suddenly her mouth was entrapped with a cloth filled with chloroform. She struggled to get out of the grip but failed and soon she too fell unconscious.

Later.....

"Who told you to bring this girl?!" A loud voice echoed in the, what looks like a, dungeon. "I gave you one task and you cannot do this without messing up, CAN YOU?!" The man yelled.

The loud sound of commotion wake her up. She fought hard to open her eyes and when she did, she found herself in an extremely unfamiliar place. Her head pained like someone is throwing rocks inside it. Holding her head, she looked around only to find herself in a prison looking cell covered with dark walls and metal bar door.

"WHO THE HELL KIDNAPPED ME?!!" She used all her strength to scream loud enough to let the supposed kidnapper to know. "I'LL KILL YOU!!" She screamed again when she got no response.