He will pay for this

Next day, morning.

"MOVE!" Sebastian yelled, ripping his way through the crowd, "I SAID MOVE. GET OUT OF MY WAY!" He screamed, pushing and shoving people aside as he teared his way through. His feets halted when he saw a body covered in a thin white sheet, surrounded by the team of police officers.

"Stop. You're not allowed to go any fur-" One of the soldier stopped him, but before he could shove him back Sebastian glared at him with his bloodshot eyes.

"Get. Out. Of My. Way" he gritted out the words. Apprehensive soldier, looked in the deputy's direction for his permission.

"Let him through, he's the victim's father" The deputy said, waving him inside the crimescene. The soldier moved out of his way, letting him through.

The moment he was out of his way, Sebastian strode to the body lying inside the white sheet. His feets stayed rooted to the ground, blood drained out of his face. The strong breeze shifted the seat from his face and Sebastian felt like someone punched him on his heart and knocked the air out.

His eyes fell on his son's face, bruised, covered in clotted blood, pale, colorless face with eyelids shut closed. He felt his heart ripping in two, tears gathered in his dead eyes. After decades, Sebastian had tears in his eyes.

"We found his body discarded here, along with a message" The deputy whispered in a low voice to Sebastian.

His senses became attentive as he blinked away those tears and turned to the Deputy. "What message?" He asked.

"You started it, but I will end this"

His eyes widened as the words started to sink into his bones. The realization settled deep in his nerves making his whole body shiver with anger.

"He killed him" He whispered the three words out loud, clenching and unclenching his fist.

"This news..." he says, "shouldn't spread any further, officer"

"I understand" He gave a nod.

"No case should be filed either. My son..." He sucks in a ragged breath, "is coming with me" His words came out shaky.

He turned to go without sparing a glance at his dead son, too hard to bear such a gruesome scene for a father. Yanking out his phone, he called someone. "Prepare a funeral" he said, voice hollow with grief.

By the time it was past noon, The funeral was prepared for Max. In the cemetery, People in clean black dress, surrounded the wooden casket. Inside, Max's body was kept peacefully, he was dressed in a neat black suit.

Sebastian stood at a little distance from him, staring at his only son's awfully still body, jaw clenched so hard that it might even break. His red eyes, filled with tears upto brim. He was hurt, raging, drowned in guilt that his son got caught in between the enemity which waged decades ago. Max had many bruised on his body, evidence of the torturous atrocities he had been through. Sebastian underestimated Alfredo. Sebastian mistook Alfredo for the same boy who ran for his life in fear from him. But now, it was clear that Alfredo has turned into a monster, a heartless monster who didn't battled an eye before killing a kid.

"Where's he?! WHERE'S MY SON?!" Lilith's screamed turned every face to her direction. Her every step took all the energy to move because her legs wasn't totally healed from the gunshot. Limping her way to his son, she tripped just before his casked, falling right in front of it. Her one hand managed to hold on the edge of the casket, holding herself up. She peeked inside the casket, tears straining her face.

A loud heaven shaking scream left her lips as the weight of the brutal reality crushed her. "No... Nooo Max... My baby..." She touched his lifeless face, gasping when her touch didn't got any response. "AAAAHHHH!" She screamed, looking up at the sky, blaming God for being so cruel on an innocent.