Betrayal

Author's P.O.V.

"You think I will?"

A few words. Just a few words and It'll crumble years of togetherness into dust. This was the moment, Alfredo knew, he wasn't his brother anymore. He chose her over our family. He chose to stand against him, his big brother for an enemy.

"Very well" he said, shooking his head disappointed at this Lovesick idiot, who wanted to fight him. A laugh escaped his lips as he spoke, "You wanna fight me, baby bro?" Alfredo mocked him, "I taught you how to fight" Another mock of a laugh left his lips.

"Alfredo" He clenched his jaw, "I want her back. She has nothing do with any of this!"

Alfredo froze in his place. This one single sentence felt like a millions of needles piercing through his heart at the same time. He wanted to think that he maybe misunderstood of what Aaron really meant, but the voice in his head kept repeating that one word.

Betrayal. Betrayal. Betrayal.

"You...." he tried to speak, despite feeling like someone is draining every drop of blood from his heart, "You knew?"

Aaron did not speak any word. He stayed silent which somehow screamed more louder than any word ever could.

"ANSWER ME!" Alfredo roared, grabbing him by his collar but he didn't flinch. Aaron's face remained stoic, his eyes held not one hint of remorse for doing this.

"Yes" He spoke, "I knew" he said, without an ounce of guilt visible in his tone. Because for Aaron, he was doing the right thing by standing up for the person he loves by all his heart even if he ends up dying at the hands of his own brother. Atleast he'd die with a heart full of love and not hatred.

Before Alfredo's mind could even process his betrayal, his fist was already planted on his face in a tight punch. Aaron stumbled backwards, the stitches on his forehead ripping open with the force of his punch.

A droplet of blood travelled down his eyes, the eyes which remained at him. He wiped the blood from his head with his hand, and scoffed a unbelieving laugh.

"You knew..." he spoke again, "You knew she was Sebastian's daughter yet you chose an enemy..." he gritted out the words, launching another punch at him, "OVER FAMILY?!"

Aaron caught his hand midair, blocking the punch, "I knew she was Sebastian's daughter. Our enemy's daughter but she's not responsible FOR ANY OF IT" He roared, punching Alfredo in the abdomen. "She's innocent!" He said.

"Enough..." Alfredo grunted, pulling himself up, "Enough is enough!" He launched at Aaron, slamming another punch directly at his forehead injury, completely rupturing the wounds.

Aaron's conscious shakened, as the wound messed up his whole head. He struggled to reconcile his mind, when Alfredo held him by his collar pushing him down on the ground and climbing on him.

"DID YOU FORGOT WHAT HER FATHER DID TO US?!" He punched him straight in his face, "WHAT HIS FAMILY DID TO OURS?!" Another blow. Aaron coughed out blood, feeling mind rupturing pain, numbing his every nerves.

Alfredo was about to hit him again but he stopped midair as he heard Aaron speak again, "I remember everything but..." He said, slowly, despite being injured, he'd never back down, "she's not responsible for any of it! You're fucking ruining everything for your stupid obsession with your revenge!" Aaron spat hatefully, glaring at him with such intense hatred that sent daggers through Alfredo's heart.

He kicked away Alfredo, pulling himself to his feet as he spoke again, "You lost your capability to love in the pursuit of revenge. You gave up your life... Our life and pushed us in the never ending cycle of hatred!" He said as he wiped the blood from his face with the back of his hand. "I thought you believed in family above everything but now, it looks like revenge is everything for you that you even wanted to kill me" He said, "Your obsession with revenge is bigger than the love you have for your family!" He added, trying to make him understand that the path he chose will only make him miserable and alone.