I am the father

Bella's P.O.V.

I was on the ground, on my knees, defeated by another betrayal. I couldn't breathe when I wanted to, I couldn't. Everything around me spinning, voice distorted, broken. My eyes were open but I couldn't focus anything apart from the several familiar voices in my head.

The man who used to climb up to mom's room. The mysterious mom who always brought me gifts and played with me.

"Sebastian would have killed you too that day, Bella but he already bethroed you to some italian mafia" Lily scoffed, "who do you think is responsible for their death? You, BELLA, YOU"

Yes she's right. She's right. I killed them. My existence killed everyone I loved. If I hadn't been born, she'd be alive. Max would have been alive. I killed them. I'm responsible for their death. No one but me. I don't deserve to live. I don't-

My lips kept mumbling the same words again and again while the pieces of memory kept rushing back into my head. My mother's smiling face, that man who was my real father, and that monster who I used to call 'dad'.

"Bella, my love. Look at me"

Aaron's voice.

"Listen to me, sweetheart" his hands held my face, as he looked in my eyes. "Focus, Focus on my eyes" my eyes fluttered close but I focused on his eyes and for a second, I could see nothing but his eyes, clearly, shining like the setting sun. "You didn't do anything, Bella. You don't deserve any of this. You hear me?" His words was like a hopeless warmth, a beautiful dream, but I wish I could tell him that I don't deserve words of comfort or his love because I'm forever tainted.

"Bella, stay with me, don't close your eyes" I hear him calling me but my eyelids felt heavy, and the peace behind death made me greedy to sleep forever in its oblivion.

Drìp.
Drip.
Drip.

The sound of IV drops pulled me out of my sleep. I squeezed my eyes shut before opening it again, trying to accommodate my vision. A needle stuck in my left wrist, a machine beside me motoring my heartbeats. I was in a hospital.

"You're awake"

A woman, who stood near me, said. She had a faded smile on her face, corner of eyes wrinkly. From the looks of it, she looked in her mid 40s.

"How're you feeling now?" She asked, as she held my wrist, checking on my pulse. I wanted to say my body feels okay but whenever I tried to push the words out of my mouth, something constricts my throat, afraid if I tried harder it'll kill me.

I nodded, giving her a light smile. She mouthed an inaudible "alright" and continued to write something in the file she held. After a second or two, she shut the file and placed it aside, turning her full attention towards me.

She sighed, "Miss Josephine, your body is really weak... I suggest you to take proper care of your body otherwise it'll be dangerous for the both of you"

My world disintegrated when I heard the word 'both', I felt my heart rate picking an inhuman pace, I felt the panic draping my body. Tear rolled down my face on its own, as I stared at the doctor to explain what she just said before I crumbled into dust.

"I'm sorry I presume you knew you are PREGNANT"

I gasped, my limbs shaking, head spinning with the sudden information I couldn't digest. I felt bile making its way to my throat, I felt sick, so sick. THIS IS ALFREDO'S BABY.

"P-P-Pregnant?" The words left my lips before I could process the harsh reality behind it.

"Yes, you're gonna become a MOTHER" She said and despite the fact that it was Alfredo's child, something stirred inside me that I couldn't comprehend but I sure as hell knew it wasn't disgust.