He killed them all

Alfredo's P.O.V.

I'm still outside the ward, leaning by the wall. People passed by, time ticked by as I stood in the same position as I did an hour ago. Mortified that I even let such an absurd feeling cross my mind. How can I be possibly be jealous of my little brother's happiness since I've sacrificed my every happiness for his? Since we became orphans, I've worked day and night to make his life happy and fulfilled, and now that it is, how dare I feel like that? Fuck, I'm pathetic.

Sighing, I pushed my weight off of the wall, and sat by a small chair placed against the wall. Letting my head fall in my hands, I exhaled a rough breath. I'm losing my mind.

I stayed like that for what feels like years, only to find out I had fallen sleep. Straightening my back, I massaged the back of my neck as I glanced at my wrist watch. Its been 4 hours. Explains the neck cramp.

"She's still in there?" I mumbled, my voice still hoarse with the aftermath of sleep. Rubbing the sleep of my eyes, I stood up straightening the crease of my suit, running a lazy hand through my hair.

Pushing open the door, I found her sleeping. Her hands incasing Aaron's hand, and her head rested upon them. For the first time in a while, did I saw her sleeping so peacefully... so carelessly. Perhaps, being beside Aaron made her feel safe which she never felt with me and that's correct. Why would she feel safe with her captor? The only place which feels secure enough was always with Aaron. She really does love him, doesn't she?

I walked over to her, standing beside her. Glancing at Aaron once, I spoke in a hushed tone, "I brought your girlfriend here, too. Now, I've got nothing else to do to wake you up..." A long pause, "I guess she really loves you... but I hope when you wake up and find out about her identity, you won't let your feelings come in between, will you?" I hope not.

Giving his hand a pat, I turned to her. "Time to go, sleeping beauty" I whispered as I held her arm and wrapped it around my neck, sliding my hand behind her back, I picked her up in my arms almost effortlessly. She weighs almost nothing. Does she not eat?

"See you, Aaron" I glanced at him once before leaving the room with Bella still asleep in my arms.

I walked downstairs, eyes occasionally falling on her sleeping face. Her face somehow looks even more puffed up while sleeping, lips making a small adorable pout, her hair falling on her face. Her nose scrunched whenever her hair strands would touch her lips. She sleeps like a baby, is the conclusion I came to.

Walking towards Michelle's car, She saw us as I tapped on the window. Quickly jumping out of the car, She held the car door open for me, and I put Bella in the backseat. She shifts a little as her environment changes, frowning a little. I leaned over, bringing my fingers to her face, removing her hair from her face and tucking it aside.

"May we leave now, Mr. Christopher?" She asked but in real her voice said Are you done already with your bullshit? Clearing my throat, I pulled myself, and slammed the door shut.

"You may go" I said, voice suddenly stern.

She nodded, going back inside the car and drove away immediately. I stared at the road until the car disappeared from my line of sight.

Later that day, I was back home. Grabbing a wine from the cellar, I walked back to my office room. I shut the door beside me, discarding my coat somewhere on the floor as I started gulping down the wine-a little something which keeps me safe from my thoughts and the sleepless nights.

For me, alcohol wasn't a want anymore, it became a need. I can't sleep, every thought, every fear suddenly becomes more alive in my mind at night, clawing at my skin, scraping my pain like a sandpaper.