The perfect reunion

-Author's P.O.V.

The sunshine peeked through the half open window, falling straight on Bella's closed eyelids. Her eyebrows meet in a deep frown, as her eyes tried to coordinate with the sudden source of light. Turning to the other side, her eyelashes lifted only to find someone sleeping beside her. Her body turned defensive for a second but then calmed down as last night's memories surfaced her mind.

She peeked inside the blanket to find herself completely naked. Last night was really.... something. Her cheeks heated up in flaring blush, but soon her expression turned into an embarrassed one. She realized what a stupid mistake she has done after clearly telling herself that she needs to stay as far away from this man.

But she couldn't. She loved him through every cell of her body, she didn't even know if it was even possible to fell so hard for a person whom you met not long ago. But she did. She fell hard.

She tried to snuck out but his large hands were gripping her waist, even in the sleep, his grip was strong enough. She sighed, shifting back to her position clumsily. Her eyes observed his face, closely. He had beautiful long eyelashes, even better than hers. He had a sharp nose, thin lips and diamond-shaped sharp jawline covered with night stuble. A few strands of hair falling on his forehead, created a sexy messy look. He looked really, really, like really handsome. He maybe the most handsome man Bella has ever seen before and most likely will ever see.

Her fingers reached out to his face, tracing his cheekbone with her feather light touch. If only I could wake up like this every morning... If only the circumstances were right, She thought.

"Morning..." his deep morning voice stirred something inside her. She pulled herself up immediately as he opened his eyes.

"You... should go" she clutched the white duvet to her naked chest.

"Throwing me away after sleeping with me? I feel used...." he let out a throaty chuckle, leaning back on the headboard. Her cheeks were bright red by now.

"It was..." she tried to retort, It was a moment of weakness, She wanted to say.

"This has to stop" She said, clenching her eyes shut, "Last night... was a mistake" She added. For some reasons, being with Aaron made her feel guilty. She doesn't even know why but she felt guilty. Sure last night was phenomenal but she's now sober enough to know what happened shouldn't have happened.

"Alright" He said, calmly but anger was hidden in his tone. He clearly felt hurt by her words yet remained calm.

Pushing himself off the bed, he wore his clothes. She glanced at him once as he buttoned up his black shirt. He turned to leave but stopped, turning back to her.

"I've never hurt you, or anyone you cared for. Yet, you look at me like I'm the villain" he scoffed, disappointed at where his love for her has gotten him. "But did you ever thought that maybe, maybe my secrets are to protect you?" He asked, defeated by her. "Last night was mistake? Fine" he turned to the door, turning the door knob, "It really was" he left, shutting the door behind him.

His words hit her like a damn rock, that made her question everything. Maybe, she jumped onto conclusions too soon, maybe she was too harsh, maybe he had his reasons, maybe she shouldn't have pushed him so much, maybe she should've waited before pushing him so far... Maybe...

"What am I doing? What am I to do?" She mumbled, falling back on the mattress.

Later the following day-

At night, Inside the dark cell where Max was kept, his hands hung with a chain, connected to the ceiling. His feets were chained too making him totally at their mercy. The whole time he was there, he suffered torture, gruesome torture that he never thought human beings were capable of.

His body was fully covered with blood, every cell of his body witnessing the inhuman torture for a crime he didn't even committed. Alfredo's men asked him questions, about his family, any information that could help in reaching Azrael but he didn't know and even if he'd known, Max would never tell. So he suffered, quietly.

There were time when he wanted to give up. Die and finally free himself from this pain and suffering but he couldn't bow down to the devil. Max loved his family, and his last breath should be for his family not because he gave up.

"Had a nice dream, mate?" The voice shrunk his entire body in fear. It was him. Alfredo Christopher.

Max was scared of him but he would never show his fear and let him have that satisfaction of instigating fear in him. "Go away" he said, weakly.

His eyes darted down to Alfredo's hand which held Max's phone in his grip. The veins on his arm were popping out with anger, and his knuckles had turned white with the amount of force he had applied on the phone. Max feared he might actually break it. Though, Max noticed his calm smile but he figured, something terrible has happened. That will ruin everything.

"I see you've got interesting things in your phone..." His jaw ticked a he clenched it hard, he put the phone screen to Max and his blood went cold. His entire body stiffened, heart shrinked, lungs refusing to intake oxygen anymore. Alfredo showed him the pictures he found in his phone, Of Max and Bella together.

Alfredo's hand started to shake with anger. The fact that BELLA, his brother's girlfriend has something to do with the Scott Family has his blood boil like a fucking volcano.

"Who is she to you?" His calm demeanor scared Max even more. Sweat beads started to form on his forehead, feared what he'd to Bella once he found out that she's his sister.

"N-No.. No one" He stammered, and the next second, he felt a cold metal against his forehead. His heartbeat increased violently to the point it starting to hurt. After all, Max was just a kid. A college kid. Ofcourse death scared him and now His life was on line literally, but he could never sell his sister. If, by any chance, Alfredo knew who Bella was to him, her life will be at stake and he wouldn't allow it even if it costs his life.

"WHO IS SHE TO YOU?!" Alfredo practically roared at his face, digging the pistol in his forehead.

"No one" he whispered, voice barely audible. Max closed his eyes, accepting his death. He thought Alfredo would fire but instead, he heard him laugh. Laughed like he found something particularly amusing about this whole situation.

"No one? Alright..." he laughed, pinching the skin between his brows. He removed the pistol from his head and took a step back, tracing the shiny gold embedded pistol. "Bring her here" his voice echoed in the dungeon.

Max frowned in confusion but soon his confusion turned into his worse nightmare when he heard a familiar voice. Someone thrashing and screaming sound echoed everywhere and he didn't even needed to see who it was to know who it was. Jasmine was here too.

"LEAVE ME!! LET ME GO!! LET ME GOOO" She screamed her lungs out, as Alfredo's men dragged her all the way to Max's cell. His eyes widened as he saw her, meanwhile Jasmine's voice froze upon seeing Max in condition such as that. Next to him, stood the Satan, The Satan of their life in his expensive suits and harmless smile.

"Jasmine...?" He basically mouthed her name in disbelief. "Oh my god, Max.." her jaw fell open in despair seeing him like that.

"Now, Now... There's no way to treat a lady" His words directed to the person who was holding Jasmine's forearm to hold her in place. On his words, they lessened their grip on her forearm but she didn't run and Alfredo knew she wouldn't. Because of Max, she won't run away leaving him in the hands of death.

That's how love and affection makes us weak, He thought to himself smirking at the vulnerability visible in their eyes.

"Why're you here, Jasmine? Why didn't you run away...?" He asked, feeling more defeated as ever.

"I couldn't leave you there.. dying... I'm.. so sorry..." she sobbed, covering her mouth with the palm of her hand.

"Isn't this the perfect reunion?" Sarcasm dripping from his tone as he slowly made his way to Jasmine, towering behind her.