Something Crazy

As requested. Enjoy! This was inspired by "While We're Young" by Jhene AIKO. Feel free to drop suggestions.

Marriage was a piece of paper to most people. It took some people their whole lives to find their soulmate. Jordan felt like he found his early in his life in an unexpected way. His relationship came with curveballs from long distance to family feuds and an open adoption, it was probably the one relationship he really fought tooth and nail for. Anyone that was against them was on Jordan's hit list. He was choosing happiness. Their nineth anniversary was around the corner.

They were still young and he knew that even though they got married before , his mother made sure it ended quickly. After all these years, it still felt like they were married even if it wasn't legal. Jordan had been looking at rings for a while often getting the opinion of Spencer or Liv. Maybe even Thea sometimes just to see if Simone had been looking herself.

He wanted it to be perfect - a black Cinderella moment but better. Sure, they had plenty of time but he wanted his forever now. Jordan and Simone were ride or die since they were seventeen. Even at twenty-seven, he still felt the same way but stronger. They may have broken up once but he didn't really count it. It was considered a break neither could stand.

Jordan watched as Robert Hicks took a shot of whiskey asking if he wanted one. He hadn't really hung out with the man without Simone present. Maybe a golf day here and there but nothing too serious.

"So, Is everything alright with Simone?" Robert asked first.

"Perfect. I just wanted to ummm.. get your blessing." Jordan explained stumbling over his words already.

"Oh? On what?"

"I would like your permission to ask Simone for her hand in marriage... officially , the right way."

"Okay." Robert nodded in agreement.

"Wait, that's it?" Jordan was taken back.

"You are a good man Jordan. You still stepped up when you didn't have too and always fought back at her stubbornness. You protected her and loved her through everything over the years. That's all a father wants for his little girl. I know that you make my daughter happy and I am glad that this time, you actually asked me." Robert acknowledged the impact Jordan and Simone had on each other.

"Um...uh, thank you Mr. Hicks. I really appreciate that."

He stayed for another hour before meeting with Spencer to work out.

"Soooo, when are you going to do it?" Spencer quizzed his brother in law.

"If I tell you then you'll tell Liv and my twin cannot keep a secret."  He replied giving him the gentle reminder standing over his brother in law to spot him on weights.

Spencer opened his mouth to argue that he was completely wrong. Olivia was a good secret keeper for the most part.

"My point exactly. She tells you everything. So no, I am not telling you." Jordan stated firmly.

All Simone needed to know was that it was a normal date for the two of them. A surprise date and he told her to wear something comfortable. Jordan made sure he picked up the ring since it was a custom baby pink and silver diamond cut 3.62 caret engagement ring. He wanted something that sparkled but still stood out.

Nate texted that she had everything ready and the only person she needed was Simone. As much as Jordan loved their respective family and friends, he wanted it to just be them. Jordan went to get dressed at Spencer and Liv's apartment smoothing out his suit.