Surprise [M]

Bringing a mini idea a friend had to life. Enjoy my spin on it 😵‍💫

***

"What is she doing here?" Jordan pulled his sister to a corner staring back at Simone conversing with Spencer.

"Grow up, just because you broke up with her doesn't mean I have too." Olivia rolled her eyes.

"She broke up with me." Jordan responded through gritted teeth.

"Which was probably a good thing, you easily slipped back into your old ways. Admitting that you like Layla and lying is low... even for you."

"You still didn't answer my question Olivia."

Olivia pushed past her brother giving him the middle finger. She didn't owe him an explanation. They were having a small Friendsgiving at the Baker childhood home and Simone wasn't going to be excluded. It wasn't going to be Liv's problem to pick a side. She loved both of them and she hated how easily Jordan just acted like the relationship with Simone wasn't important or life changing.

She thanked Simone for the sweet potato pie that she brought happy that she could make it home. Simone had only been here for a day and thought about not showing up. While she kept in contact with Spencer, she barely spoke with Liv out of fear that things would be awkward. They cleared the air two weeks ago but Simone didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

"I know that's going to be amazing. It looks so good." Spencer was eager to cut a slice.

"Thank you. Obviously, I would never play with my people like Carrie did with that Mac and cheese." She recalled with a giggle.

Simone smiled softly seeing Jordan in the corner on his phone looking like he was leaving a voicemail. The man couldn't get a hold of Layla and he was hoping she showed up soon. Things were smooth sailing between them and being in the same room as his ex made him annoyed.

They got through dinner with small conversation and Simone was glad once it was over. Simone offered to clear the table and Spencer pushed Jordan to help. Taking the dishes to the sink , she filled it up with warm water seeing him switch places. They could've easily put everything in the dishwasher but Simone grew up seeing her nanny do it by hand to ensure a spotless clean.

"How's Bringston?"

Simone was surprised he was the first one to break the ice. They hadn't had much of an exchange other than when she was first greeted at the door. Jordan couldn't believe they went from lovers and best friends to absolute strangers.

"Uh, its cool. Sophomore year is definitely better than last year." She mentioned.

Simone couldn't say she kept up with anything happening at GAU. She forced herself to focus on being top 6 and staying in coach Loni's good graces. She dried off everything as he passed the dishes along, noticing another awkward silence once they were finished.

Hitting shuffle on his music library, he didn't expect Hrs and Hrs to start playing. He remembered how obsessed Simone was with the song and how it was their song. How every time it came on the radio, she shrieked and sang the words to him. How he coaxed her into dancing with him at a restaurant during his visit last year that played the song over their speakers. All those feelings came rushing back.

"May I?" He held out his hand.

Simone chewed on the corner of her lip. She wanted to reject but found herself getting lost in his dreamy eyes. Oh how easily she caved after some shots. It was hard to resist when all she could think about was how they spent every waking moment together. She accepted his hand to dance taking in the sweet melodies.