Doesn't Really Matter - Part 2

"You know crop tops are only cute if your stomach is flat." Simone heard her cousin try to body shame her.

She was quick with grabbing the knife from the set and pointing it at him. She had felt miserable before but living in this place felt like prison and between his wishy washy creepy commentary , she was being pushed to the edge. Sure, she made a few friends but nothing long term in her opinion. She wasn't trying to make Louisville her permanent home or even give birth here.

"You know dicks are only used if you actually have one. Don't make me slice and dice you." Simone pointed the knife lower.

"You wouldn't dare." He snorted looking at her.

"I don't think you want to test that theory, cousin."

"Technically, I am adopted so you and I can become a thing when you drop the baby weight , lose the kid..." he commented making her want to physically throw up in his face.

"Even on my worst day .. pregnant or not, I will never subject myself to a loser. Get the fuck away from me." She heard her uncle walk in so she stabbed the wooden island instead. Hoping they both got the hint.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" Her uncle looked at her like she was crazy.

"Learn to control your coyote ugly, dear uncle because if he touches me or talks to me recklessly again, your house will become a crime scene." She eased past him.

"Your fucking crazy just like your mother."

"Well then send me back home. Problem solved." She shrugged marching up the stairs.

"Go get ready for school, Simone." He called after.

"I'm taking a sick day. Thanks for your concern."

Simone had never unpacked her things. It didn't feel like home and she wasn't about to get comfortable. She went to school and went to work taking a job at a retail store that didn't pay shit. She had even set up an online banking account , every single cent she made went into it. She thought about getting a second job but she wasn't trying to overwork herself.

Billy would wire her money every two weeks. Her and Jordan along with Olivia face timed every day but it still felt like she was missing out. She finished getting ready and changed into one of Jordan's hoodies since he sent another. Scents always brought her back to a specific memory so she had purchased his favorite cologne and was immediately taken back to every single time they touched and she smelled it on him. She wiped her face pulling her emotions together. She felt her baby kick as she collected her bag hoping the day would go by.

Opening the front door, she was taken back by the guest.
Simone heard Anthony call her asking who was at the door. She felt like she couldn't move as he moved closer snapping her out of his trance. He pulled her into a side hug.

"I have a plan. Follow my lead." He whispered.

He wasn't going to let anything happen to her. Simone was still processing what was happening but  pulled anyway. She seen Anthony come from downstairs looking the boy up and down. He had never seen him before. It had been three months since Simone had been in Kentucky which felt like hell. She didn't need to tell him anything to see that she hated it here. Laura gave up on asking her parents about sending her home.
She wanted to not only fight for Simone but her grand child too.

"Who is this,  preggo?"  Anthony hit the last step not recognizing the other person.

"I'm Kyle. Simone and I met at the mall."