Forever Young

This has been in my draft for months so enjoy 😒

****

Jordan surprised himself with still being single after his break up with Simone. He actually hated it because she was literally his favorite person in the entire world. He still saw a future with her but instead he focused his energy on securing the quarterback spot on the team. He worked hard and even if he had fought Wade physically, it felt good.  he was back to his high school self - more confident and maybe it had to do with the reel he found buried in a box that Simone made him two months ago.

He had buried all of their memories in a shoebox making sure it was in his closet out of his view.

It flashed him right back to that moment at his locker. He thought it was the end of the world when he couldn't play and she was still there rooting for him. Unlocking his phone , he went to a private photo album and it contained all the photos he had of either Simone by herself or them together.  Jordan never deleted them. He hated that Liv still hung around her but he also loved that they still had such a sisterly bond.

Sighing, he slide his phone in his back pocket and grabbed his keys. He needed fresh air and a run was going to do just that. He couldn't stay sulking about Simone in silence , it's been two years but she still had a strong hold on his heart. he wasn't himself without her and that's what sucked the most. yet, somehow he managed to not let her consume his thoughts to make it noticiable.

"Hey Liv, I'll be ba -" his heart stopped seeing her in the flesh.

Simone was right there on the Baker couch with Liv and Spencer.  He was sure he spent five minutes staring before Spencer offered to go wherever he was going. Jordan snapped out of it trying to convince Spencer that he didn't need the help.

"It's not important. Stay here. Please. I-I'm okay." He nodded unable to form his thoughts.

Simone could see the sadness in his eyes even from a distance. She could feel her heart sink and her palms get sweaty. She tried the whole dating scene but she hung out more with her friends than anything else. She wasn't interested in anyone that wasn't Jordan. Yet, it took losing him for what feels like forever to get that. She missed her best friend. She missed the one person she swore she was going to spend the rest of her life with. She didn't think they would just stop talking to each other.

"Um, mind if I go? I could use the fresh air from these two." Simone raised her hand like she was in class feeling small.

Jordan wanted to desperately scream at her and tell her he never wanted to see her ever again. He thought about lying and bringing up seeing Layla knowing Layla was out of town to begin with.

"I just want to be alone." He whispered.

"Liar!" Olivia interrupted pulling Simone up  dragging her to the hallway closer to her brother.

"You two are both miserable and we can all tell so go talk it out , sex it out in nature for all I care but you two better come back happy. I love you both and you two are driving me insane." she remarked pushing Simone gently.

Jordan rolled his eyes mumbling as he didn't feel like arguing with his twin. He was drained but he lead Simone out of the house to his convertible. Even when he was mad, he still walked her to the passenger side and held the door open. He deserved to be angry. He deserved to be hurt by their breakup but he didn't think it would hurt this much.

The silence was loud as he drove to the nearest hiking trails. Simone looked out the window most of the time but she got out following behind Jordan.

"Can you please say something?" She whispered.