Second Chances - Part 3

April 2025

A Celebration of Love

   6.11.2025

Jordan Scott Baker and Simone Nyla Hicks

Maya and Jackson along with their aunt, Ms. Olivia Baker request the honor of your presence of the marriage of their parents because

OUR MOMMY SAID YES!

The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta
6pm

Reception to follow

Jordan proposed to Simone on an intimate vacation to Turks and Caicos after the twin's first birthday. They were only freshly twenty but nothing was going to stop Jordan from proposing. She wanted to wait and as impatient as he was, he made sure he did so. Olivia looked over the wedding invitation and tried not to get it wet with her tears. It was hard to pick between being her brother's best woman and Simone's maid of honor.

She thought that title would've went to Keisha. It was literally a battle but ultimately Spencer decided to be the best man and let Olivia be the maid of honor. By luck, Simone was chill and not a terror as much as Jordan was the first time this happened. She was easy with decisions and only trusted herself with picking the font of the wedding invitations. She didn't know what it said so Liv was happy to show her the final copy as they were being sent out to everyone.

They didn't need a huge wedding because really a drive thru wedding was up in the air at one point.

"Where are my favorite twins besides me?" Liv walked into the apartment. Yeah, it was definitely messier than the last time she was here.

"My soon to be husband and your baby daddy took them to the Aquarium." Simone spoke loading the dishwasher. She was taking the chores one step at a time. Liv decided to help and grabbed all the toys tossing them in the toy chest.

"That's where he- hold on how did you know?" Liv would've totally went with if that was the case but now she was side tracked .

"You think I am going to let your brother blame our lowly stocked fridge on our children? You're crazy besides, you never wear oversized anything, I know you eat very well but nah sis if he hasn't noticed yet then trust, I do." Simone peeked at her ass.

"Look, you can't tell him. Nobody knows yet. I just want to keep it between us . I haven't even set up an appointment yet. Anyway, I have a surprise for youuuu." Liv was still nervous about this new journey so she was holding off as long as possible.

"I won't tell, promise but congratulations. Ugh, I want to actually fit in my wedding dress. I can't take any more cake."

"He loves you either way but Simone with a big ass hits different."

" I was drunk Liv, I am not responsible for anything drunk Simone did. We are two different Simone's. "

"You were trying to go half on a baby in the middle of a frat party with my brother and here we are with a baby named after a fictional Grey's Anatomy character."

"First of all, we wanted a J name and secondly, Jackson is cute name and thirdly, if you come for my baby's name again... I will fight you."  Simone eyes her sister in law. The audacity.

Liv opened her purse pulling out the envelope trying to hide her excitement. She worked really hard on designing it and thanked god Simone had picked  the perfect font. Simone thanked her for the envelope and carefully took it out. She wasn't a super sensitive person but this definitely got a few thug tears out of her.