The Dynasty

When spring break arrived that was the time when Sabine Cheng decided it was the time for Marinette to learn about the business and the events she had to attend. Technically the whole spring break thing was going to be in Asia for business stuff. "So you're going away for the whole spring break?" Adrien was staying after school with Marinette trying to get her stuff organized for the basketball team. It was a half day that day so school ended at eleven.

"Yes. That's why I stayed here after school to get stuff organized before I have to leave tonight." She looked through all the papers in her lap.

"Tonight?"

"Yeah. My mom made plans."

"It has been a good month by now and do you like me?" He leaned his face in closer to hers.

"I'm not so sure." She backed away a little.

"I'm almost at my limit and once when it's gone, it's gone. Anyways, I have go go now. See yah." He stood up walking away.

She watched him walk away which made her feel a little guilty, but she really wasn't sure. When she got back to her apartment all her bags were packed and her mother was waiting for her. "We're heading straight to Shanghai right now because there is an event that will help you carry on the business. We are taking the jet so we will make it there in around one hour."

Once again Marinette was going back to Shanghai, but in a different timeline. They flew to Shanghai, while a limo waited there for them. They got in and the car started driving off. This time she didn't have to worry about anything much. When they arrived, they were welcomed into a hotel. "My apartment is under deep cleaning right now so we are staying here." Explained Sabine. "You get your own room and at eight tonight is a special event. We are going to that so be ready by seven."

"Yes mother."

"I am off to my own room right now, so get settled in your room and meet me in the lobby by seven."

They went their separate ways into their own separate rooms. When Marinette got in her room it was something that you'll never see only in your dreams. The floors were marble and so were the walls. A good sized kitchen, bathroom and a bedroom that was bigger than Adrien's room. It was five o'clock in Shanghai. She got a text from Hao and it said:

H: how's shanghai

M: good. I have to attend something

H: about....

M: something to do w business to help it grow. A fancy event or sumthin

H: those r okay

M: u have been to one

H: yea a few times

M: what r they like

H: formal, many wealthy people. Speech abt the progressive and traditional way to make money

M: o-

H: they have a food table which hits dif

M: ok den. I have to get ready now cya

H: cya

After getting ready and meeting her mother in the lobby at seven. They went on to a big building where many people were starting to enter. "Remember, head up and strong posture. You're above them." Sabine instructed getting out of the car.

Mari followed her while another family was already greeting her with a smile. There she just tagged along with the rich people gang and stayed quiet. When they entered the building there was Chinese jazz playing in the background and a bunch if people in fancy outfits that cost around one million dollars. Hours went on by and Mari just stood in the corner. When speeches occurred they were just talking about politics and money, the usual stuff.

"Hey, are you Sabine Cheng's daughter?" A man asked.

"Um yeah. I am." She replied nervously. The man looked around thirty-one, but still had a twenty year old vibe to him.

"That's nice. How's Paris?"

"Good I guess."

"I don't really like attending these things, but my father does. He says it will help with the family business."

"Same with mine."

"You looked lonely so I decided to talk to you."

"Thanks."

"Er sorry. Name is Eric Teng."

"Nice to meet you. I think you know who I am."

"Yeah I do."

"Do you live off your family's money?"

"No. When they first started off, I was fifteen when I lived off their money. They gave me their apartment which was one point two million in South Korea. Then when I hit junior year of high school I left the apartment and got myself my own place, but they gave me some starter money. I had a job to support myself though. I need to find a way to make my own way in life. Never considered the Teng family money as mine."

"I get the same feeling too. I still live in the apartment that she supported me with. I just don't know if I am ready to make such a big leap."

"I get it. They sort of wanted me to do it. In simple terms, they wanted me to make my own way in life."

"Slick, real slick."

"Anyways you got any room in your phone?"

"Yeah why?"

"I need your number."

"Ugh, fine."

"Don't worry the Tengs and Chengs are friends. The dynasties that can date back is just so interesting sometimes." He handed her his phone.

"Yeah, I really don't know much about the Chengs."

"Not that surprised, but yeah. So...do you have a boyfriend?"

She looked up at him raising an eyebrow. "Why do you need to know?"

"It's a simple question. Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No. Also, I am not going out with you."

"Fair enough." He got his phone back, starting to walk away. "See you around then."

"See yah." On the bonus side about it she found a new friend. Yay I guess?