Never Played

A few months later the juniors graduated from junior year to senior year of college. They were so close to finish their many years of school to move on their separate ways. Summer vacation began and the first day of summer vacation the two lovers decided to go on a random trip. "I'm here." Adrien pulled up in his car while Mari hopped in the passenger seat of the car.

"So where are we going?"

"I'm kind of done going to the mall now. That place is a death trap. We gonna go somewhere else."

"Where?"

"The movies. It's kind of rainy out anyways."

"True. What movie?"

"Dunno. Something that has smut."

"That's not helping just so you know. Oh dang..."

"What?"

"They are hosting a tv show marathon."

"What time?"

"In twenty minutes."

"What show?"

"The Middle."

"Not Malcom in the Middle or Stuck in the Middle?"

"Nope, just The Middle."

"Good, I love that show. Sucks that it didn't get enough recognition."

"I know. It was better than Modern Family."

"For real."

They started to drive to the movie theater and even though he has driven her many times she was nervous. He couldn't stop looking at her which made her more nervous.

"WHA?"

"Wha?"

"KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!"

"We're at a stop light. Okay, it turned green. Let's go."

Her heart was beating fast. She didn't know why, but probably it had something to do with rain? But that made no sense to her.

They drove up to the movie theater and saw that the place was closed. "WHAT?! THEY SAID IT WAS OPEN!" Gasped Mari.

"Oh, the rain is starting to hit us hard. I'm not driving all the way back in this rain."

"WHY?"

"I am not good on wet roads." He leaned over towards her seat and unbuckled her seatbelt.

"WHA—"

He cut her off with a kiss as he pulled away. He looked at his phone and they sat in complete silence. "Okay then, the rain will lighten up in forty-five minutes." He broke the silence.

"Dam, that is a long time."

"I know how to pass time, senpai."

"NO. WE ARE NOT DOING IT RIGHT NOW."

"In twenty minutes?"

"MAYBE."

"Okay then. Imma ask you a question."

"Wha..."

"Remember that old box that you won't let me look in?"

"Yeah...?"

"Did you look in it."

CRAP. I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT BOX.

"No, I kind of forgot over time."