1 To 2

As usual life went on and stuff happened here and there. Though no one suspected the day that Ms. Lin Chong would get fired.

"Guys, I found the answer sheets to the quiz!" Feng exclaimed. "Hurry Zhao, hand these out before Ms. Lin Chong comes back!"

"But guys isn't this wrong?" Mei asked looking at Zhao.

"Look at the first question Mei." Sighed Mari.

She looked and her whole expression changed. "Okay fine. If we get caught it's all Feng and Zhao's fault."

"Wow, thanks for throwing us under the bus." Snapped Feng.

When Ms. Lin Chong came back she didn't suspect a thing about the cheating. Though when she submitted the tests to the principal. At the end of the day she was confronted by Ms. Vance and Mr. Damocles.

"Ms. Lin Chong can I speak to you for a moment?" Mr. Damocles said sternly.

"Yes?"

"Somehow the quiz that you gave out today. Everyone made full marks." Ms. Vance said.

"What?"

"Yes, we found the students who gave out the answers which were Zhao Kang and Feng Chu. Ms. Vance is well aware of this and how can the most stupid kids get full marks? Mostly because their parents are willing to spend money in this school because we tell them that their kid is smart. Some of them don't even know about their kid's grades. That's the beauty of it. Anyways, these students will be expelled. Hand out these papers to them tomorrow while I send out a notification to their parents. Anyways, their parents didn't pay that much."

Ms. Lin Chong was in shock. She looked at her friend, Ms. Vance who she met in Hong Kong who later became a teacher along with her. She was shocked that her friend betrayed her and the students. "Wait, expelled? But they are just kids. Where are they going to go?"

"It doesn't matter. As teachers we are supposed to focus on students who have bright futures. Not waste time on those who don't. They are the ones who are going to bring shame to the school."

"Vance. I can't believe you. Where is the old you that I knew back in Asia?"

"I figure you two can figure this out of my office, but here are the papers." He handed her the papers. "Hand these out."

She looked down at the papers hard only to put them down on the desk. "It was me. I gave the students the answers to the quiz."

The two rolled their eyes, looking down at the ground sighing. "Lin Chong. You should know better than anyone." He snapped.

"They're just kids. They cheat because they feel the pressure of the education system. They cheat to survive. What's expelling going to do for them? How is that going to help them in the long run?"

"It's not our job help them." Jeered Ms. Vance.

"Then what is our job? To make them like you? To be the most popular teacher in school?"

"Well Lin Chong." He began. "I hope you know what this means. Pack your bags. This school doesn't tolerate..."

"Yeah I get it." She interrupted walking away. She trudged back to her room gathering her stuff. Placing them in cardboard boxes. Slowly she walked out of the classroom going down the stairs.

Lin Chong was gone when she exited the school and gave away her keys to the school.

"Lin Chong!" Yelled a voice behind her. Turning to see it was Ms. Vance running to her out of breath. "I'm sorry for what happen. I was just trying to make sure that the kids learned their lesson. I really didn't mean to put you in the spot."

"You don't have to be sorry." She said solemnly. "I did what I did because that was what was right."

"I can speak to the principal for you. We'll find a way to get you your job back. All we got to do is just to submit the names of students who cheated and..."

"Enough," she snapped looking her straight in the eyes. "They are just kids. They feel the pressure of the education system and sometimes all we have to do is to try to understand them. Not punish them. Just promise me that you will protect them, love them and never give up on them. It's the least we can do as teachers."

She walked away from her. Vance opened her mouth to speak but no words came out and deep down she knew that Lin Chong was right. Lin Chong arrived home seeing that Vic was in her room with the door shut. Sighing, she put her box down in the living room looking around the apartment that provided her and her daughter. Suddenly someone knocked on the door and answered the door seeing it was her ex-husband, Fred Ching.

"Oh, hey Tang." Fred looked surprised seeing that his ex-wife answered the door.

"How many times do I need to tell you? Call me Lin Chong and what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to pick up Vic. Remember? This week I get Vic on Friday because you made an exception."

"It's Friday already?"

"Yeah. Is she coming?"

"Oh. Vic! Your dad is here!" She yelled.

Vic came out of her room with her AirPods in her ears and her phone in her hand walking out the door without looking or saying anything to her mother. "Okay, that's all I need." He said.

"Good, make sure she is back by eight because she needs to study."

"Fine."

"Bye Vic! Have a good time!"

She didn't ever bother to look at her or talk even when she could hear her mother. Lin Chong looked down. "See yah."

"Bye." She closed the door quickly not wanting to see her daughter walk away with a man she disliked but yet, the court approved of him.

She walked to the couch, throwing herself on it. Looking down at the due checks for the house once again she almost flipped out. She lost her job and now she was jobless with no net worth. At school she was the most feared teacher thanks to her ego but now she was nothing. Slowly she got up walking to a mirror looking to see her reflection.

"I am a teacher." She said looking at herself. "I am a teacher?"