2

Serena
I woke up the next morning to forty dollars on my center console and an empty backseat.

The next month was normal. Didn't see him again and after a few weeks I didn't even think about him.

"Serena!" I smiled at the scruffy bearded man walking towards me.

"Hey dad." He wrapped me up in his burley arms and squeezed.

"Didn't expect you today." The oddly comforting smell of burnt charcoals emitted from his body. "What brings ya here?" He smiled excitedly for what I had to say.

"Food and beer." I said timidly. "Thought you might need some lunch." He excitedly took the bag from me, walking off.

He turned around to see me standing away from him "well come on. You know the boys will be excited to see you." I clasped my hands together as I followed after him.

He stared into the bag, incredibly excited to dig in. "Boys look who's here!" His voice echoed through the fire station, the loud sound of hoses stopping.

"Woah little S!" My eyes widened as I was tackled from behind.

"Shit!" I held into his shoulder as a smile slowly formed on my face. "Let me down!" He chuckled as he let me down in the middle of a group of men.

"You haven't been here in a minute!"

"Do you need money?"

"Like she'd need money! The tips she must make I might even switch professions!"

"You pervert, nobody would tip you." I listened as the men I'd known for well over half of my life joked and asked me questions.

"Where's the other one?" Greg placed his hands on his knees as he looked around.

"You still don't know his name?" Micheal joked.

"You know he's new."

"No he's not." They laughed at their words coming out at the same time.

"His name is Grayson." A sweet voice said from behind me as hands gently placed themselves on my shoulders.

"How you doin' doll?" I smiled at Molly as she gave me her pretty, low smile.

"I'm ok, thanks. How are you." She walked around me, pulling a chair between her legs and resting her chin on the back.

"Peachy keen." She said in a cheery voice, her strong accent coming out soft and sweet.

"Don't steal all the attention Molls! She just got here!"

She stared back at him, giving her signature subtle yet scary and sweet glare. "I'd be a shame if these trucks didn't get cleaned before we have to go out again." She stood up and shot a sly smile as she walked away.

The all stared at each other before jumping up and getting back to work. Not before joking about how they "totally didn't do it because Molly said so."

"I'm gonna head out dad." I leaned over his shoulders, pressing a kiss into his stuffed cheeks.

"Hey hey before you go, can you get me a soda out the fridge? Finished the beer too quick." He gave me a slightly embarrassed smile as I picked up the bottle and walked off.

"Be right back." I slight mumbled as I walked off towards the kitchen.

I walked up the stairs, adjusting the purse on my shoulder as I did so.

I set the bottle in the sink and walked towards the fridge. I hummed as I examined the options.

"Who are you." I looked up, to see an extremely tall and muscular man.

"Oh hey... sad boy." His cheeks turned a rosy color due to the nickname.

I stuck my head back in the fridge and decided on a sprite for him. "You didn't answer my question." I slowly stood up straight and maneuvered close to the fridge as he was standing directly behind me.

"Woah, ok guard boy." I sighed and looked up at him to see his face was zero point zero percent affected by my joke. "My dad works here. Didn't wonder in randomly, I swear." I saw his shoulders relax as he stepped back slightly.

I stood there awkwardly, my fingers fiddling around the bottle. "Crazy how you really don't remember me. Well... you were pretty drunk." I shrugged and begun to walk off towards the steps.

"Oh!" I set the bottle on the ledge and rummaged through my purse. "Here" I walked towards him, gently grabbing him by the wrist and placing two twenties into his palm.

"Don't think I should steal from a drunken sad boy." His eyes slightly widened as he stared at the money, an embarrassed look on his face.

"Welp. See you later Mr. Silence." I grabbed the bottle and jogged back down the steps and towards my father.

"Here you go dad." He wiped his mouth and stuffed it into the bag, finally finishing his pretty large lunch.

"Thank you L-" a loud siren and red lights came on, my dad and everybody else jumping into action. "Gotta go Ladybug, see you later." He pressed a kiss into my cheek and ran off. I walked away from the trucks and towards my car. I looked back to see the sad boy staring at me as he got onto the truck.

Suspicious drunk man. Grayson.

"Grayson."